1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Testing Secondary Math Praxis II Exam

1. Apr 28, 2005 #1
    Has anyone out there taken this exam? It's required in most places in the U.S. to get a Secondary Math Teaching License/Credential. I'm taking it in June. Any advice? Was it hard? Easy? What should I study?
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 18, 2007 #2
    Praxis II Math Teachers Exam

This exam basically tests your knowledge of high school math - algebra, geometry, trig, pre-calc, basic calc, probability, etc. Nothing that a physics major hasn't seen before, although how many of us have used geometry since high school. I pulled out the Schaums books, and I also bought 150 Praxis problems for twenty bucks from www.praxisiimath.com . With a little study, you should ace this test.

4. Mar 10, 2011 #3
    Suppose that high excellence teachers not only figure the future of our students’ lives, they can also be critical forces in ensuring that more qualified and energetic individuals teach Philadelphia’s students and help close the achievement gap. We are looking for someone to fill a part-time co-teacher role as we provide a Math Praxis II test preparation course for applicants to our program who are planning to take the Secondary Math Praxis II exam administered by the Educational Testing Service (ETS). Co-Teacher Role and Responsibilities Co-teachers play a critical role in program support.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?