What are some Secret Service codenames for prominent figures?

• News
  • Thread starter noumed
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around nicknames given to prominent political figures, including "Renegade" for Obama, "Driller" for Todd, and "Denali" for Sarah. There is also mention of potential inside jokes among Secret Service nicknames, and a discussion about the meaning and origin of "WarPhalange" as a username. The conversation also touches on the possibility of a surprising political comeback and Hugh Hefner's approval.
noumed
Thought I'd share this with all of you...

http://www.nndb.com/lists/050/000140627/"

Obama is Renegade, that sounds more like a maverick to me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Todd=Driller
Sarah=Denali (Are you sure that's not a typo? "Denial" sounds more appropriate.)

turbo-1 said:
Todd=Driller
Sarah=Denali (Are you sure that's not a typo? "Denial" sounds more appropriate.)

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

turbo-1 said:
Todd=Driller
Appropriate name for someone with 5 kids... o:) "Drill, baby, drill!"

turbo-1 said:
Todd=Driller
:rofl:

With all the foxes and astronomical stuff, I was hoping someone would be nicknamed 'Star Fox'

Uh, Prince Charles is "Unicorn"? That seems a bit fruity. Is this going to cause an international incident?

Unless it's... oh god, I can't help myself but tell this joke, children, cover your eyes... unless it's that he only likes to be ridden by virgins.

[EDIT] Okay, wait a minute... I was only kidding when I said that, but now that I've thought about it, could that actually be an inside Secret Service joke? Something they might have been privy to?

CaptainQuasar said:
Uh, Prince Charles is "Unicorn"? That seems a bit fruity. Is this going to cause an international incident?

Unless it's... oh god, I can't help myself but tell this joke, children, cover your eyes... unless it's that he only likes to be ridden by virgins.
Have you taken a look at his mate?

Dick Cheney... 'Backseat'? What's he doing in that backseat?

I find it ironic that Bush's press secretary has the nickname 'Matrix'. I wish we had some of these from himAre WMDS real?

If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain

Or
Perhaps we are asking the wrong questions.

or

What is "real"? How do you define "real"?

turbo-1 said:
Have you taken a look at his mate?

I know, but what I meant by proposing it's an inside joke is that it might refer to his tastes when, ahem, ordering room service during visits to the U.S. As in, y'know, the world's oldest room service.

Do they get to pick? I'd honestly want mine to be War Phalange.

DAMN IT, John McCain's nickname is Phoenix :cry:

phoenixy said:
DAMN IT, John McCain's nickname is Phoenix :cry:

Why. You think it should have been Old Navy?

Or Maverick

And Sarah Palin named Goose?

I'd say Albatros is more fitting.

WarPhalange said:
Do they get to pick? I'd honestly want mine to be War Phalange.

I don't get your username, actually. I mean, isn't "phalange" just the French word for "phalanx"? It seems redundant, something like "War Army". (Though there wouldn't be anything wrong with that, I just wonder if there's a joke I'm not getting.) It's not a reference to the Lebanese political party, is it?

LowlyPion said:

Or Maverick

Anything but my nick. Just not the right codename for a loser.

MINE MINE MINE

:biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
LowlyPion said:

Or Maverick

McCain's gone down in flames several times now

CaptainQuasar said:
I don't get your username, actually. I mean, isn't "phalange" just the French word for "phalanx"? It seems redundant, something like "War Army". (Though there wouldn't be anything wrong with that, I just wonder if there's a joke I'm not getting.) It's not a reference to the Lebanese political party, is it?

Actually it was meant to be a singular version of "phalanges" in reference to finger bones. But I'm incompetent so I figured the singular version was phalange and not phalanx.

And that in turn comes from my friend and I being in English class years back and he started saying words that start with "war" and when he couldn't name any more he just said "war phalange" and I stole it because I have no shame.

Oh, I wasn't familiar with that definition. It does look as though "phalange" is correct for the bones in your hands and feet, in English. It just comes from the same root as a "phalanx" which is kind of like a platoon of soldiers (and is translated as "phalange" in French.)

Proton Soup said:
McCain's gone down in flames several times now
And like a true Phoenix, he will rise from the ashes and surprise everybody. McCain '12!

noumed said:
And like a true Phoenix, he will rise from the ashes and surprise everybody. McCain '12!

At 76 that would be a surprise even for him.

Cindy should be so lucky.

LowlyPion said:
At 76 that would be a surprise even for him.

Cindy should be so lucky.
Hugh Hefner would be proud.

WarPhalange said:
Actually it was meant to be a singular version of "phalanges" in reference to finger bones. But I'm incompetent so I figured the singular version was phalange and not phalanx.

And that in turn comes from my friend and I being in English class years back and he started saying words that start with "war" and when he couldn't name any more he just said "war phalange" and I stole it because I have no shame.

All digits (fingers AND toes) are phalanges. One of them is called a phalange. They consist of 2 or 3 phalanx bones (proximal, middle and distal or just proximal and distal).

So...just which one is considered your 'war finger' or 'war toe'? :rofl:

I think that WarPhalange sounds cool, now that I better understand what it means.

What are Secret Service codenames used for?

Secret Service codenames are used to protect the identities of individuals, especially high-profile figures like the President and their family members, during security operations.

How are Secret Service codenames chosen?

The Secret Service chooses codenames for individuals based on a specific theme or category, such as cities, animals, or other words. These codenames are kept secret and changed regularly for security purposes.

Who gets assigned Secret Service codenames?

Secret Service codenames are typically assigned to individuals under the protection of the Secret Service, such as the President, First Lady, and their family members. However, other high-ranking government officials and foreign dignitaries may also be given codenames.

Are Secret Service codenames permanent?

No, Secret Service codenames are not permanent. They are changed regularly to ensure the security and confidentiality of the individuals under protection.

Can Secret Service codenames be revealed to the public?

No, Secret Service codenames are meant to be kept confidential and are not meant to be revealed to the public. Revealing a codename could compromise the security of the individual under protection.