Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

See Planet George form earth

1. Apr 12, 2006 #1
    This is the on planet that Ancients haven't seen(and I have never seen).

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 12, 2006 #2
    That's interesting.. Thank goodness for TV! But if I were around then it would be awesome to see the stuff (relatively) plus there wouldn't be all that light pollution.

4. Apr 12, 2006 #3
    We probably have just as many meteors nowadays too, but nobody notices them cuz they're glued to the TV.

5. Apr 13, 2006 #4

DaveC426913

Gold Member

I've had some glued to my TV and they're quite noticeable after a while. Removal is simple with a clean cloth and some Windex.

6. Apr 13, 2006 #5

Phobos

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Interestingly, the Georgian Planet (Uranus...which I presume is what you are hinting at in your topic name) is barely visible if you have very clear skies & keen eyesight...but it wasn't discovered until a telescope was used.

7. Apr 13, 2006 #6
    Did you buy it that way or did they build up over time? HAHAHAHAHAHA okay so I wasn't thinking when I typed that.. Let me see if I can recall what I was trying to say.

8. Apr 14, 2006 #7

Phobos

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The small number of tv tube meteors is proof of a young Earth.

9. Apr 18, 2006 #8
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2006
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?