Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Seeking QFT exercise buddy

1. Jun 20, 2005 #1
    I'm a grad student. I've done 2 semester of QFT using Peskin but I've didn't too well due to many reasons. I now want to go back and catch up on things I should have learnt better, and then learn even more - I want to be a good field theorist.

I'd like to see if there's anyone in a similar situation. I'd like to find some problem books (or books with problems and, hopefully, solutions) and work thru a couple of problems each week. We could fix a schedule and discuss our problems and ask each other questions, and compare our methods and answers. I'd like to find someone who's dedicated and serious about learning QFT well, and willing to invest time in it.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 20, 2005 #2

vanesch

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I don't know if I have much time, but I'd be a taker if you want to. Some time ago I went through it, have a look at:
    http://perso.wanadoo.fr/patrick.vanesch/qftcoursePS/qftcoursemain.html
    where I posted some solutions to some exercises in Peskin.

4. Jun 20, 2005 #3

selfAdjoint

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

excersise buddy

lonely, I am not a grad student but I am in a similar situation to yourself vis a vis Peskin. I would be willing to exchange emails on excercises in the first chapters, and we could use Patrick's worked out excercises as a last resort.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?