Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Selecting and displaying Physics Forums statistics

1. Nov 20, 2005 #1
    What novel Physics Forums statistics would you like to see compiled, and in what manner would you like them displayed? I am intrigued by what a comprehensive graph of thread replies vs thread views, or member posts vs member views, might look like.

Do you have in mind particular PF statistics and a method for representing them? I think we will find some interesting patterns in our data.
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 20, 2005 #2

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Personally, I'd like to see hourly (over the course of a day), daily (over the course of a week), and weekly (over the course of a semester) statistics for the various categories.

For example, when is (say) the relativity forum most active?

In addition, it might be nice to see how the activity of the homework forums varies with time. For example, when during the semester do questions in kinematics rise, peak, and fall off? forces? work? momentum conservation? (Certainly, schools start at different times and progress through the material at different rates. However, it may be interesting to see these trends anyway.)
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?