1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Self help books

1. May 6, 2010 #1
    Can anyone suggest me self help books for students which inspire me, motivate me and help me to manage my student life better.
    Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. May 6, 2010 #2
    Anything by Milan Kundera. The link between motivation/student life is not a direct one. Hoever, his books ponder upon many aspects of life and therefore make one reflect. I found them to be amazing.

-F

4. May 7, 2010 #3
  5. May 7, 2010 #4
    Thank you Fragment & Goldbeetle. Books that both of you have suggested are indeed great but I want books that deal explicitly with the the students or young adults. Well let me elaborate: I am a third year under graduate student and I have loooots of bad habit, which are severely hampering my studies. So what I want is the self help books which explicitly deal with these problems and suggest me the way out. For example there are books like 7 habits that highly effective people have etc. but they should explicitly deal with students/young adults.
    Please help me. I am indeed in great trouble.

6. May 9, 2010 #5
    I suggest you discuss your problems with a cognitive-behavioural terapist.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook