Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Self-realization? The path to enlightenment?

1. May 10, 2005 #1

I'm a bit stoned right now so this might come off weird. Do you think that there are different levels of consciousness, and that certain people are subtly higher on those levels? Do sometimes feel like the people around you are sheep?

I know that certain people seem smarter, more aware, more self-conscious - but I'm wondering right now if those people slightly more enlightened?

*rocking out to "Good Timin' by The Beach Boys*

"All us people,
    now we're just livin',
    the world keep's turnin',
    and we're all learnin'"...
    Last edited: May 10, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. May 10, 2005 #2
    Define what you mean by "consciousness". And how can one be higher or lower dealing with this?
  4. May 10, 2005 #3
    I don't think it's nice to think that the people around you are sheep. Try explaining it to them sometime and see what happens.

If you really want to be smarter than everyone else, you can think you are and after a while you'll "know" you are.

"If you will it, it is no dream" - Theodore Herzl

You'll have to deal with the consequences that come with what is expected of a smart person though. It's kind of like walking a tightrope everyday. Good luck!
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?