1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Self Studying Chemistry

1. Oct 4, 2015 #1
    Hi, I know that Chemistry doesn't really pertain to math or physics but I guessed this was the best website that would suit my question. Haha. I was wanting to self study general chemistry using a textbook. I do have the textbook, but was wondering what I should supplement it with. Also I was wondering if anybody knows like a specific method of how I should study from a textbook ( like how should I take the notes, and should I leave out the little details.) Thank you for answering my questions!!!!!

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 4, 2015 #2
    Work the problems!

4. Oct 5, 2015 #3

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

Chemistry should be reviewed if desired AFTER you studied it for real. In this case, you could review on your own. You need a laboratory activity set to study sensibly the first time through on Introductory Chemistry or for General Chemistry. If you really want, you could try studying from a General Chemistry textbook and focus the same way you would if it were a beginning Calculus-based Physics course. Some of the concepts and methods overlap, but many do not overlap.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook