Optimizing Self Study: Overcoming Learning Difficulties in Physics and Math

In summary: I can't do the problems at the same time. -I can understand things well enough to remember them, but I don't always do well on tests because I don't do well on rote memorization and I do better when I have to reason things out.
I have -never- had a physics teacher that was capable of answering my questions, or even following what I was saying. Some have only had masters degrees and only knew basic applied mechanics, one had a PhD but he barely understood English. There was a TA who was very helpful, would discuss n-body dynamics with me, but the teacher only wanted me to do the lab (which my lab partners often wouldn't even let me work on and I hate labs anyway; I had to be high on caffeine in order to not cry out of boredom during a lab... Yes I literally sobbed out of boredom and pretty much nothing... And everything at the same time.

I cannot concentrate on reading hard papers and taking care of their assignments at the same time. I'm serious. It's like, I can clean my room today or I can study physics. That's how terrible my concentration is. I am the exact opposite of a multitasker. And thus, the best I can do is concentrate on classes and classes alone... And not look impressive at all because I didn't do anything extra on the side. Now if I could get the entire class over with in a week or so and then move on to the next thing (serial monotasking I might call it) then I would be getting somewhere.

Or if they would just let me concentrate all ny energies on a higher level class instead. The way I see it, I am no more likely to get an A in an 'easy' class than I am to get an A in a 'hard' class.

Maybe look into a design your own major program where I can take graduate level classes instead of undergrad classes for a bachelors?

Physics news on Phys.org
This has gone on for long enough. People have been giving you the same advice for 5 pages already. It's time to lock the thread.