1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Self-Taught Calculus based Physics ?

1. Sep 11, 2010 #1
    Hello all, I'm going into my junior year of high school and have just begun my IB diploma program. I just transferred from a public school, where I had taken AP Physics B during my sophomore year...

The IB Physics class here is non-calculus based, and is basically the exact same thing as the class I just took (plus or minus a few extraneous, minor chapters). I told this to my current teacher, and looking at how well I did in my previous class, basically told me that I can do whatever I wish in class, and because I taught myself a fair amount of calculus over the summer, suggested that I teach myself the AP Physics C curriculum. My question to the forum is, what suggestions for books do you have for a junior teaching himself calculus based physics? I have a limited amount of resources because it's currently refined to what my teacher owns, but I'll get a list of the texts he has on here. If there are better books, let me know and I can set up a trade situation with the local library.

Thanks in advance!

-Jorge

2. jcsd
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted