1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Self teaching Master of Chemical engineering

1. May 10, 2012 #1
    I have a master's degree in Chemical Engineering. Ever since I was a little kid universe and how it works have always kept me wondering.
    Now that I have an appropriate background, I think, in relevant math, physics, and chemistry, I would like to dig in a little deeper than a television documentary series on universe. I do not have money and time to go back to school and would like to teach myself. What books do you guys recommend. I do not mind if it takes years to fully understand, would like to mathematically solve, derive, express astrophysical concepts and ideas.
    I have to refresh my memories though.
    I plan to review Fluid Mechanics with my old textbook, An Introduction to Fluid Dynamics by G. K. Batchelor
    I plan to teach myself statistical mechanics with Statistical Mechanics by McQuarrie
    What books would you recommend after mastering the two books above?
    I wanted to learn Complex Analysis next. I am seeing that 2 books, Complex Analysis by Lars Ahlfors and Complex Variables (Dover Books on Mathematics) by Francis J. Flanigan are what I will get.
    Thank you in advance.

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted