1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Self Teaching

1. Aug 8, 2011 #1
    I'm going into my second year of applied math and engineering. My problem is that my degree requirements do not allow me to take any courses on quantum mechanics. Therefore, I am thinking about teaching myself from a textbook or something of that sort.

I was wondering if someone could give some input on what resources I should use and how I should go about this.

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 8, 2011 #2
    Assuming you have the math background, I've found Gasiorowicz to bequite good.

4. Aug 8, 2011 #3
    Math background wont be an issue...any idea where to find video lectures? Ive also heard good things about Griffiths.

5. Aug 8, 2011 #4
    the leonard susskind lectures from stanford are excellent.

type quantum mechanics lecture 1 into youtube.

6. Aug 8, 2011 #5

BruceW

Homework Helper

'Quantum mechanics' by Alastair I. M. Rae is good. He uses physical examples to introduce the subject, instead of just stating the maths at the start.

Edit: this is one of the books I was recommended for my 3-year undergraduate physics degree, so its good for beginners.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook