Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Senior Design Project

1. Aug 28, 2009 #1
    I was not sure where to put this, but since I am looking for Astronomy related ideas, I thought this would be a good place.

A bit of background. I am an electrical engineering major, and I'll be starting my senior design project this year. My interests outside of engineering are in physics. I am working on the HETDEX project (http://hetdex.org/) at my university, and it allowed me to see how I can apply my expertise in a way that benefits the field which interests me. I am doing engineering work, but it is something that could benefit the greater astronomical community, which makes my work that much more exciting.

If possible, I would like to come up with something similar to this for my senior design project... an engineering project that could be useful for astronomers and physicists. My experience on HETDEX has shown me that there are things out there that haven't been done, that would be useful, and that a group of senior engineering student would be capable of working on. The trouble is figuring out what there is... So I was wondering if anyone had any ideas that sound sort of like what I'm looking to do. I don't necessarily need something specific, but any direction or guidance could lead me to some new ideas!

Thank you.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted