Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Senior Pranks

1. Jun 12, 2013 #1
    Know of any good ones?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 12, 2013 #2
    Put alligators in your school's swimming pool.

4. Jun 12, 2013 #3

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Act respectful - they'll never see it coming!

5. Jun 12, 2013 #4
    That's a good one.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2013
  6. Jun 12, 2013 #5

WannabeNewton

Science Advisor

Trojan horse. Nuff said.

7. Jun 12, 2013 #6

Evo

Are we tired of infantile senior pranks yet?

At my girl's high school, a very valuable wrought iron sculpture of the school's mascot, a tiger, from a famous artist had been been donated, it was beautiful. One year it was stolen and destroyed. Disgusting.

8. Jun 12, 2013 #7

WannabeNewton

Science Advisor

Was it Tony the tiger? Pranks can be fun as long as they aren't illegal :)

9. Jun 12, 2013 #8

Evo

No, it was a very valuable, exquisite piece, irreplacable. Such a shame, I loved seeing it every time I drove by. Very hurtful to the artist. Makes me sick.

Now they have a one dimensional painted tin tiger, looks terrible. I still hope they find out who did that because it was a work of love, and an exquisite work of art, destroyed by some idiots.

10. Jun 12, 2013 #9

WannabeNewton

Science Advisor

Some kids really take things to the extreme that's for sure. They don't think before they do. I mean what were they trying to prove by stealing something? That even when they are about to go into the real world they were still immature petty thieves?

11. Jun 12, 2013 #10
    Me and my buddies thought of a few, but were too stoned and lazy at the time to carry them out:redface:

12. Jun 12, 2013 #11
    Drop out of school the day before graduation
    That'll teach the system not to mess with you

13. Jun 12, 2013 #12
    That sounds like a great idea. Just about as clever as cutting your nose off to spite your face.

14. Jun 12, 2013 #13

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Replace the desktop background of every computer by this:

nicolas-cage.jpg

15. Jun 12, 2013 #14
    LOL, believe it or not, that's the expression I walk around with all day

16. Jun 12, 2013 #15

OmCheeto

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Are we talking senior, as in high school, or, senior, as in senior citizen?

I'm sure my dad has an idea or two, on how to blow your fingers off, if that's what you're looking for.

17. Jun 13, 2013 #16
    I similar thing happened to a WWII memorial that was located in the front yard of my former high school. It was a statue of a soldier, and the bayonet was stolen from his gun. Shows you how disconnected some people have become from the significance of that war.

18. Jun 13, 2013 #17

turbo

Gold Member

Some friends of mine and I picked up our math teachers' VW bug and stuck it between a couple of heavy light-poles. One of the poles was used to supply power to the industrial shop and the other was planted to provide an anchor point for a backboard and hoop for outdoor basketball. The fit was almost perfect, so there was less than an inch of slack between the poles and the front and rear bumpers. It would have taken him hours (at least) to get that bug out of there alone. Luckily, the perpetrators were lurking in the tree-line to watch his reaction, and after seeing how exasperated he was, we emerged and fessed up. The best part was when he had to ask us to please get that car out of there.

19. Jun 13, 2013 #18
    At the first high school I went to (I move a lot), they destroyed all the vending machines, and took the goodies inside...

Although I think at that point (sledgehammering the doors off of, vandalizing, and stealing from vending machines), it leans toward criminal? Maybe? Definitely. Yes. They were arrested.

20. Jun 13, 2013 #19

MarneMath

Education Advisor

Just go for a classic and walk goats up the stairs.

21. Jun 13, 2013 #20

mheslep

Gold Member

Some examples of both pranks and vandalism have been given. There's a difference, and the responsibility is all on the pranker to know the difference and execute accordingly. If you're i) not sure that you know the difference and ii) know the plan can not accidentally descend into vandalism then take a pass.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook