Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Senior project ideas

1. Apr 6, 2009 #1
    I will be an undergraduate senior next year and I am a double major (physics, comp sci). For computer science I have to do a senior project. The only rules besides the obvious being that it has to expand what was taught in class. I want my project to implement physics principles and theory preferably in mechanics. I was hoping I could inquire for some project ideas. Most likely coded in c++.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 9, 2009 #2
    for my final undergrad project we have to build a robotic car which needs to guide itself to a garage indicated by a certain frequency LED. All sorts of optical and other sensors are used for guidance, as well as a lot of microcontroller programming. However, every one does this project so we have races which determine part of our final mark.

4. Apr 9, 2009 #3
    What area(s) of study especially interest you? Whatever they are you would likely be most interested and do the best job in an area of special interest to you. A way to start might be to look at the table of contents of your main text book(s)....pick half a dozen or so areas of potential interest and see what you come up with as possible applications for each....

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook