1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Senior Project Ideas

1. Jan 24, 2005 #1
    Does anyone have a good idea for a senior project to do involving physics or astronomy/cosmology, or possibly both? Any suggestions are much appreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 25, 2005 #2
    Why not get a graph of all known universes and take 12 most outer most and try to find orgin point or show how they are moving apart as proof of our expanding univrese

4. Jan 25, 2005 #3
    very good idea

5. Jan 27, 2005 #4
    Just make sure that you show your math for the project as well asa indepth explaination as to why it means what it means and what it might effect for human civilization in the future

6. Jan 27, 2005 #5
    I really don't think you have to show the math and effect for human civilization in the future, finding one universe (excluding ours) alone could already lead you to a nobel prize... your discovery( if you really can find one) is very impressive, people won't care about the little detail
    Universe usually defines as EVERY THING in our physical world.. the outer universe?? is it still in our physical world? if yes, it should be IN OUR UNIVERSE, if not, how could you detect it? or how could you argue its existance?
    Before discover your new universe, please goto english department argue the definition of universe, than goto the philosophy department and argue how logical your outer universe exist, finally come to physics department use expriment show the existence of your NEW universe ....

7. Jan 27, 2005 #6
    Why not get a graph of all known universes* and take 12 most outer most and try to find orgin point or show how they are moving apart as proof of our expanding univrese

*I ment to say galaxies my brain was working faster than my fingers sory bout that

8. Jan 28, 2005 #7
    I assumed that is what u meant in the first place.

9. Jan 28, 2005 #8
    don't ever ever think about this experiment...... I've warned you already......b/c you are doing a circular logic in this experiment.....
    do a little bit reading in astronomy/cosmology try to understand how people determine the speed/distance for the galaxys far away, and you will know what I was talking about...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?