1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Senior Thesis Topic in Number Theory

1. Feb 1, 2013 #1
    As the title suggests, I am looking for a topic to do my senior thesis on. It doesn't have to be original work, but it does have to be rather math intensive. Also, I have to do it on a topic in Number Theory for reasons beyond my control. I have the typical senior level background(e.g. Modern Algebra, Topology, Complex and Real Analysis, etc.) and I have also taken a class in Number Theory. I have done a research paper in the past(for a different mathematics course) on the Collatz Conjecture, but I really don't want to try to write a 15-20 page paper on that(which is the relative length required of my thesis).

I would greatly appreciate any input anyone can offer on the matter, as I really want to do my thesis on a subject which I find beautiful and interesting. Thanks!

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted