What is the task for AS physics sensing coursework?

In summary, Sensing as course work involves using sensory information or data to support research and analysis in a particular field of study. It is commonly used by collecting and analyzing data relevant to the topic being studied and has benefits such as gaining a deeper understanding of a topic and developing critical thinking skills. However, there are limitations such as cost and availability of equipment and potential errors in data collection. Sensing is commonly used in fields such as natural and social sciences, engineering, and health sciences.
j.e.smith
Hey i have to do a draft of my coursework what do you have to include in your as coursework for sensing I am not quite sure. Thanks for any help given! jared :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
Could you tell us what you mean by "sensing"?

What class is this for? Physics? Maths?

Sensing

sorry this is my AS physics sensing coursework.
Brief to design and test a sensor.
I have chosen to desing a sensor that measures angle of climb in an aircraft. using a rotary potentiometer
please ask me if you need any more information.
thanks jared

1. What is sensing as course work?

Sensing as course work refers to the use of sensory information or data as a key component in completing coursework or assignments. This involves using various methods of collecting data, such as observation, surveys, and experiments, to support research and analysis in a particular field of study.

2. How is sensing used in course work?

Sensing is used in course work by collecting and analyzing data that is relevant to the topic being studied. This can involve using instruments or tools to measure physical properties, observing and recording patterns or behaviors, or surveying individuals to gather their opinions or experiences.

3. What are the benefits of using sensing in course work?

The benefits of using sensing in course work include gaining a deeper understanding of a topic through hands-on experience and data analysis, developing critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and providing evidence to support arguments or conclusions in assignments.

4. Are there any limitations to using sensing in course work?

Yes, there are some limitations to using sensing in course work. These may include the cost and availability of equipment or resources, potential errors or biases in data collection, and the time and effort required for data analysis.

5. In which fields of study is sensing commonly used as course work?

Sensing can be used in a wide range of fields, including natural and social sciences, engineering, and health sciences. It is particularly common in fields that involve data-driven research and analysis, such as environmental science, psychology, and biology.