Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Sequence Diagram

1. Nov 26, 2012 #1
    I'm having issues doing a sequence diagram for a program.

Like this format here:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9b/CheckEmail.svg/220px-CheckEmail.svg.png

The scenario is the following:

Placing a bet - a customer places a bet for a game. The customer has to be logged into the system with his ID. He determines the bet ( amount of $ ), the ID of the game, and the expected winner. If the team is not participating, then a error message will be displayed accordingly. Otherwise, it will be checked if the customer has already placed a bet on the game.

Ok, there's more, but I think that's enough for my question.

So you have the customer box and the system box at the top.

So I have -> [ Input_stats] and the second arrow is <- [ Team not participating].

How do I do the 3rd arrow? I don't think you can just put it below the second one. Maybe create an extra box ? It would be <- [ checking_double].
    So it's basically one requirement and two possible cases. I'm not sure how to display this in this diagram.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted