Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Serial Experiments Lain

1. Aug 10, 2003 #1
    Is anyone else here a big fan of the anime series "Serial Experiments Lain"?
    personally, i think it rocks, though it also manages to make The Matrix series look simple and straightforeward in comparison.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 10, 2003 #2
    a friend and i went to the video store one day and got a whole load of anime, serial experiments lain included, we watched about half an episode and gave up, which i now regret as it looked really interesting, you just gotta be in the mood however, as with most anime.

4. Aug 10, 2003 #3
    half an episode? HALF AN EPISODE!?!?!

good god, you havent even begun to dive into the depths of it.
    I will warn you, that if you ever get your hands on it again, it will confuse the hell out of you, while dragging your idea of reality through a meat grinder and then smooshing it back together with one of those squeezing thignies that they had in olden times for drying clothes.

5. Aug 10, 2003 #4
    as all good anime should!

6. Aug 11, 2003 #5
    Another Lain Fan!!!

I asked this question in these forums about a year ago. Sadly I never received a reply. Anyone interested in philosophy and religion should see Serial Experiments Lain, so I was hoping someone around here had seen this magnificent and deep anime. Alas I found another person who has seen it. :smile: I've seen it a few times. It is a brilliant and truly mind-warping story. I’m a huge fan of Lain! I want the DVD box set but unfortunately don’t have the money to spend on it right now. :frown: You mentioning it makes me want to go watch it again, I haven’t seen it in awhile…

7. Aug 11, 2003 #6
    ah. I just started watching it. I am on layer 6 or so. No Spoilers please!!! The first part starts out soo slow. But I hear that it is a little less confusing in the later episodes and stuff is explained.

So far I think it is pretty cool :)

8. Aug 11, 2003 #7
    It never really stops getting confusing. and don't worry, I won't tell you any spoilers.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?