1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Serial Experiments Lain

1. Aug 10, 2003 #1
    Is anyone else here a big fan of the anime series "Serial Experiments Lain"?
    personally, i think it rocks, though it also manages to make The Matrix series look simple and straightforeward in comparison.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 10, 2003 #2
    a friend and i went to the video store one day and got a whole load of anime, serial experiments lain included, we watched about half an episode and gave up, which i now regret as it looked really interesting, you just gotta be in the mood however, as with most anime.

4. Aug 10, 2003 #3
    half an episode? HALF AN EPISODE!?!?!

good god, you havent even begun to dive into the depths of it.
    I will warn you, that if you ever get your hands on it again, it will confuse the hell out of you, while dragging your idea of reality through a meat grinder and then smooshing it back together with one of those squeezing thignies that they had in olden times for drying clothes.

5. Aug 10, 2003 #4
    as all good anime should!

6. Aug 11, 2003 #5
    Another Lain Fan!!!

I asked this question in these forums about a year ago. Sadly I never received a reply. Anyone interested in philosophy and religion should see Serial Experiments Lain, so I was hoping someone around here had seen this magnificent and deep anime. Alas I found another person who has seen it. :smile: I've seen it a few times. It is a brilliant and truly mind-warping story. I’m a huge fan of Lain! I want the DVD box set but unfortunately don’t have the money to spend on it right now. :frown: You mentioning it makes me want to go watch it again, I haven’t seen it in awhile…

7. Aug 11, 2003 #6
    ah. I just started watching it. I am on layer 6 or so. No Spoilers please!!! The first part starts out soo slow. But I hear that it is a little less confusing in the later episodes and stuff is explained.

So far I think it is pretty cool :)

8. Aug 11, 2003 #7
    It never really stops getting confusing. and don't worry, I won't tell you any spoilers.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?