Serial revival

Why are murder mysteries very popular among those who would never commit so violent an act?

Hepth

Gold Member
Why are murder mysteries very popular among those who would never commit so violent an act?
For those that would commit it, when you think constantly about something, every minute of every day, you tend to not want to read about it?

russ_watters

Mentor
Um....because people like solving crime mysteries, not creating them? There is a reason Sir Arthur Conan Doyle didn't call his stories "The Adventures of Professor Moriarty" and tell the stories from his perspective!

My wife loves murder mysteries. I just wish she wouldn't take down notes while she watches them.

Some of the video violence nowadays is so gratuitous that I wonder whether homicide detectives actually have to put up with such choreographed intensity on the job. Otherwise, actually getting attacked, the smell of death and eventual career burnout cannot be depicted on the screen.

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Serial revival
Darn! I was hoping you were going to tell me that the RS232 port was coming back. There is still a world of industry using it in old systems.

living vicariously. heck, just look at our movie industry. we love fantasizing about taking out the bad guys. or being a gangsta. cheating on our spouses. oh wait...

drankin

Dexter anyone?

The serial killer we can all love.