• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Series and Sequences

• Thread starter joellecool
  • Start date
Hey all!
I wished someone tell me what I am doing wrong.

The question asks to:

Determine the sum of the following series

8094c6f8ab34b2a4c04257bc91baea1.png

I had : 16/7 as an answer. May I know what I am doing wrong?

Answers and Replies

Well, i don't want to be rude, but it is kind of hard to tell what you are doing wrong, since you did not post any work at all.

Welcome to PF, by the way. It is a forum policy that all should post some work first.

HallsofIvy
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
I will give you one hint: write that as the sum of 2 series.

Thank you

I will give you one hint: write that as the sum of 2 series.

Thank you for the hint. It was really helpful. I had 92/45 as an answer, which happened to be right.

Just for future references, how am I supposed to show you my work? Should I take a picture of what I wrote and just paste it over here? or should I just say what I did. I do not have a tablet PC, nor do I use a PC to do my work; I do it all by hand, so I am not sure what you require of me.

Thanks!

Thank you for the hint. It was really helpful. I had 92/45 as an answer, which happened to be right.

Just for future references, how am I supposed to show you my work? Should I take a picture of what I wrote and just paste it over here? or should I just say what I did. I do not have a tablet PC, nor do I use a PC to do my work; I do it all by hand, so I am not sure what you require of me.

Thanks!
You can type in LaTeX if you'd like: Introducing LaTeX Math Typesetting - https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=8997

or simply type it up! or scan your work, anything is fine :)