1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Series and Sequences

1. Mar 31, 2008 #1
    Hey all!
    I wished someone tell me what I am doing wrong.

The question asks to:

Determine the sum of the following series

I had : 16/7 as an answer. May I know what I am doing wrong?
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 31, 2008 #2
    Well, i don't want to be rude, but it is kind of hard to tell what you are doing wrong, since you did not post any work at all.

Welcome to PF, by the way. It is a forum policy that all should post some work first.
  4. Apr 1, 2008 #3

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

I will give you one hint: write that as the sum of 2 series.
  5. Apr 1, 2008 #4
    Thank you

Thank you for the hint. It was really helpful. I had 92/45 as an answer, which happened to be right.

Just for future references, how am I supposed to show you my work? Should I take a picture of what I wrote and just paste it over here? or should I just say what I did. I do not have a tablet PC, nor do I use a PC to do my work; I do it all by hand, so I am not sure what you require of me.

6. Apr 2, 2008 #5
    You can type in LaTeX if you'd like: Introducing LaTeX Math Typesetting - https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=8997

or simply type it up! or scan your work, anything is fine :)
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?