Discovering Happiness: The Truth Revealed

• Thread starter Takereasy
  • Start date
In summary: Interesting. Of course we can 'dig' using the waves from earthquake ... I wonder if this singular point thus corresponds to what in the ordinary world of science we would call the centre of the Earth?Sorry, I don't know what you're getting at.
Takereasy
Hint: the answer is yes.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hint: The Earth isn't hollow

And except for small air pockets, a planet couldn't possibly be hollow.

But if it were, I agree with you; there would be a physical explanation.

The Earth is hollow and we're living on the inside of it, despite what the Euclideanists say.

jcsd: You haven't read Martin Gardner's "Fads&Fallacies" by any chance, have you?

arildno said:
jcsd: You haven't read Martin Gardner's "Fads&Fallacies" by any chance, have you?

No, but I'm famalir with Cyrus Teed's ideas, which are only of note by the fact that if your willing to be a bit liberal with the geometry, then it's very difficult to disprove.

How much is 'a bit liberal' wrt geometry?

Like being a bit pregnant, my guess.

Nereid said:
How much is 'a bit liberal' wrt geometry?

You can map any point outside of a sphere onto it's interior.

jcsd said:
You can map any point outside of a sphere onto it's interior.
Thanks; perhaps a very simple version of the Holographic Principle perhaps?

So, in this view, the CMBR would become emission from a sphere interior to the Earth?

What happens when we dig 'down', into the Earth's crust then?

Nereid said:
Thanks; perhaps a very simple version of the Holographic Principle perhaps?

So, in this view, the CMBR would become emission from a sphere interior to the Earth?

What happens when we dig 'down', into the Earth's crust then?

The CMBR stays as the CMBR I suppose, but I doubt antone has looked into the model seriously.

Unfortunately in this model if you dig down deep enoguh you'd find a singular point in your new coordinate system.

Apologies, did anyone ever take the 'holographic universe' seriously? I admit I took a leave of absence from science a couple of years ago. Having come back again, it still looks like the observed universe is still here.

jcsd said:
Unfortunately in this model if you dig down deep enoguh you'd find a singular point in your new coordinate system.
Interesting. Of course we can 'dig' using the waves from earthquake ... I wonder if this singular point thus corresponds to what in the ordinary world of science we would call the centre of the Earth? Which would be a spherical 'shell', ~3000km 'under' our feet?

1. What is happiness?

Happiness is a state of being that is characterized by positive emotions, contentment, and satisfaction with one's life. It is often described as a feeling of joy, fulfillment, and overall well-being.

2. Can happiness be found?

Yes, happiness can be found. It is not a tangible object that can be obtained, but rather a state of mind that can be achieved through various means such as personal growth, relationships, and positive thinking.

3. Is happiness the same for everyone?

No, happiness can be subjective and can vary from person to person. What makes one person happy may not necessarily bring happiness to another. It is important to understand that happiness is unique to each individual and can be influenced by personal experiences and beliefs.

4. Can external factors affect happiness?

Yes, external factors such as relationships, career, and financial stability can have an impact on one's happiness. However, it is important to note that happiness ultimately comes from within and can also be influenced by one's mindset and perspective.

5. How can I increase my happiness?

There are many ways to increase happiness, but some effective methods include practicing gratitude, engaging in meaningful activities, nurturing relationships, and taking care of one's physical and mental well-being. It is also important to identify and eliminate sources of stress and negativity in one's life.