Can I Run My Code Online from a Distant Server Using Azure?

In summary, there are several options for running heavy programs on a distant server, such as supercomputing facilities at universities or using cloud services like AWS and Microsoft Azure. These options may require established funding or being a student at the university. Additionally, there used to be computing services like Compuserve and GEISCO, but they have become less popular with the rise of PCs. One can also run a github repository on Azure by uploading the code and running test.py.
Arman777
Insights Author
Gold Member
I am trying to run a code from my computer but its qualities are kind of low. I am trying to run a heavy program and its taking about 40-50 min to solve it. Is there a some sort of a general program where I can upload some files and run the code online from a distant server ? Is there a such thing ?

Technology news on Phys.org
Some universities provide supercomputing facilities where you can apply for an account and then load your stuff up and do your runs.

However, it may mean that you have to have some established funding to do it or be a student at the university.

There used to be computing services like Compuserve and GEISCO where you could buy time on their computer to run your stuff. However, that model of computing dropped off as PCs became the favored computing platform.

Google has cloud services:

https://www.datacenterknowledge.com...now-rent-entire-ai-supercomputer-google-cloud

Likes Arman777
There are many options for this, the biggest(?) commercial service provider is AWS (Amazon Web Services) but you can also do similar things via e.g. Microsoft Azure.

Just google AWS cloud computing.

Likes jedishrfu and Arman777

1. What is a server for running programs?

A server for running programs is a computer or program that is responsible for providing resources and services to other computers or programs, known as clients. These resources can include storage, computing power, and network connectivity, and are used to run various programs or applications.

2. How does a server for running programs work?

A server for running programs works by receiving requests from clients and then providing the necessary resources and services to fulfill those requests. This can involve processing data, storing and retrieving files, and facilitating communication between clients.

3. What are the benefits of using a server for running programs?

The benefits of using a server for running programs include increased efficiency and scalability, as multiple clients can access the same resources and services simultaneously. It also allows for centralized management and control of these resources, making it easier to maintain and update programs.

4. What types of programs can be run on a server?

A server for running programs can support a wide range of programs, including web servers, database servers, email servers, and application servers. It can also run custom programs or scripts created for specific purposes.

5. How can I set up a server for running programs?

Setting up a server for running programs can involve purchasing or renting a dedicated server or using a virtual private server (VPS) or cloud computing service. Once a server is obtained, it can be configured with the necessary software and resources to support the desired programs.