Server Too Busy? Weird Occurrence Explained

• Thread starter STAii
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around encountering a "server is too busy" error while trying to access a website. Suggestions are given to manually delete cookies and log out before closing the browser to avoid the error. The conversation also mentions a similar issue on a different forum and expresses hope that it won't happen often. One member also mentions that they have been experiencing the error for a whole day. Another member asks for assistance in solving the issue after already deleting cookies.
STAii
It is really weird.
I was browsing the forums.
I closed the browser, openeg it again, and enter the site again.
I got a page saying that the server is too busy (see attachment).
And this is still showing till now (i had to make a trick to be able to actually enter the site, a trick from Hotmail).
Is this kind of normal ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Could be the infamous cookie issue. If you receive that error alot, maunally delete PF cookies from your computer and reload the site.

I had that problem when we were debugging the site.

To avoid the problem altogether, manually log out before you close the window. The tab is kinda small. It's down at the bottom right of the screen.

Okz, i will see the cookies.
But now there is another problem, i remember i uploaded a file with the first post in this thread, but where is it ?
(it seems the file was too big)
The error message was saying
"The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later."

Last edited:
This new format is very similar to an old forum I was once signed up for-- a HSC forum. And I constantly got that message, that the server was too busy, it was a great annoyance, and so I left that forum.
Let's hope I won't get it as frequently at PF.

I got it too for pretty much all of yesterday.

So far, so good, haven't gotten the "server is busy" message once yet.
:wink:

Can Anyone Solve This Problem ... I Killed My Cookies ! Not Only Deleted Them, but The Problem Stands Still ...

Can You Set Us Free ?

What is a "Server Too Busy" error?

A "Server Too Busy" error occurs when a server is unable to handle the amount of incoming requests and becomes overloaded. This can be caused by a spike in traffic, a hardware issue, or insufficient resources.

Why does the server become busy?

The server may become busy due to a high volume of incoming requests, which can overwhelm the server's capacity. This can also happen if the server's resources, such as CPU or memory, are not enough to handle the requests.

How can I fix a "Server Too Busy" error?

To fix a "Server Too Busy" error, you can try refreshing the page, clearing your browser's cache, or waiting for a few minutes and trying again. If the error persists, it may be necessary to contact the website's server administrator for assistance.

Can I prevent a "Server Too Busy" error from happening?

While it is not always possible to prevent a "Server Too Busy" error, there are some steps that can help reduce the likelihood of it occurring. These include optimizing website performance, monitoring server resources, and having a plan in place to handle spikes in traffic.

Is a "Server Too Busy" error a security threat?

No, a "Server Too Busy" error is not a security threat. It is simply a result of the server being unable to handle the amount of incoming requests. However, it is important to monitor server performance to ensure that it is not being overloaded due to a malicious attack.