Get a 4 Year Physics Degree Online While Serving in USAF - Sean L. Hawkins SSgt.

• Thread starter lostguy
  • Start date
In summary, it is possible to obtain a 4 year physics degree online while serving in the USAF through programs such as the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) and the Air University Associate to Baccalaureate Cooperative (AU-ABC) program. Pursuing a physics degree while in the USAF can provide benefits such as developing critical thinking and problem-solving skills, enhancing career opportunities, and potentially increasing salary and rank. It is possible to complete a physics degree entirely online while serving in the USAF, and the time it takes can vary depending on circumstances and program choice. While it may require time management, online programs are designed to be flexible, and it is important to communicate with superiors to balance academic pursuits with
lostguy
I really want to go to school to study physics. I would love nothing more than to become a theoretical physicist but I am currently serving in the USAF and i am not stationed near a college or university that offers any type of 4 year physics programs. I was wondering if anyone here knew of any online schools offering four year degrees in physics, or should i start out with a and get my BS in Math and then go for a grad degree in physics. Thanks for any and all constructive advice.

Sean L. Hawkins SSgt. USAF

" Build a man a fire, and you will keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life..."

~unknown~

Physics news on Phys.org
There are several online options for obtaining a 4 year degree in physics. You can check out websites like Study.com, which offer accredited courses and degree programs in many different fields, including physics. Other universities, like Stanford Online and the Open University also offer online programs in physics. It is important to research various programs to determine which one best fits your needs and goals. Additionally, you may want to consider taking courses from a local college or university that offers physics related courses and transfer those credits towards an online degree program. Good luck with your studies!

Hello Sean,

Thank you for sharing your interest in studying physics while serving in the USAF. It is commendable that you are seeking ways to further your education despite not being stationed near a college or university that offers a 4-year physics program.

There are indeed online schools that offer 4-year degrees in physics, and it is worth considering if that is the best option for you. However, I would also recommend looking into any distance learning programs offered by traditional universities that may have a partnership with the USAF. These programs may offer more comprehensive and recognized degrees.

In terms of your question about starting with a BS in Math and then pursuing a graduate degree in physics, that is also a viable option. Many universities offer combined programs where you can earn both degrees in a shorter amount of time. It may also be beneficial to speak with a career counselor or academic advisor to discuss your specific goals and determine the best path for you.

Overall, I encourage you to continue pursuing your passion for physics and exploring all options available to you. Never underestimate the power of determination and hard work. Best of luck to you in your academic journey.
A fellow scientist

1. How can I obtain a 4 year physics degree while serving in the USAF?

It is possible to obtain a 4 year physics degree online while serving in the USAF through programs such as the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) and the Air University Associate to Baccalaureate Cooperative (AU-ABC) program. These programs allow you to transfer credits from your military training and experience towards a degree in physics.

2. What are the benefits of pursuing a physics degree while in the USAF?

Pursuing a physics degree while in the USAF can provide various benefits, including developing critical thinking and problem-solving skills, enhancing your career opportunities within the military and civilian world, and potentially increasing your salary and rank within the USAF.

3. Can I complete a physics degree entirely online while serving in the USAF?

Yes, it is possible to complete a physics degree entirely online while serving in the USAF. Many accredited universities offer online programs in physics, allowing you to complete coursework and assignments from anywhere with an internet connection.

4. How long does it typically take to complete a 4 year physics degree online while serving in the USAF?

The time it takes to complete a 4 year physics degree online while serving in the USAF can vary depending on your specific circumstances and the program you choose. However, with transfer credits from your military training and experience, it is possible to complete the degree in as little as 2-3 years.

5. Will pursuing a physics degree online while in the USAF interfere with my military duties?

While pursuing a physics degree online while in the USAF may require time management and balancing your military duties with coursework, many online programs are designed to be flexible and accommodate the schedules of working professionals. It is important to communicate with your superiors and advisors to ensure that your academic pursuits do not interfere with your military responsibilities.