1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Set Theory, Logic, etc

1. Nov 4, 2009 #1
    Hi,
    Right now I am currently going through Set Theory and Logic by Stoll. This is my first time going through Set Theory, Logic, and everything else in the book. I feel like I'm not getting all I can out of this book because I don't feel like I'm on the same level, I struggle to answer the exercises. Can anyone recommend a perhaps more introductory book for me that includes much of the same topics as the one I'm reading?

Thanks in advance

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 5, 2009 #2
    I'm not sure if it includes the same topics, but there is Vellerman's How to Prove It. if you're trying to learn how to do proofs. There's also the books by Suppes. There's always Schaum's Outline.

4. Nov 6, 2009 #3
    Ok, here's a longer list

A Mathematical Introduction to Logic Enderton
    Elements of Set Theory Enderton
    Introduction to Mathematical Logic Mendelson
    Naive Set Theory Halmos
    Introduction to Mathematical Logic Gensler
    Mathematical Logic Ebbinghaus
    Logic for Mathematicians Hamilton

5. Nov 7, 2009 #4
    thank you sir

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook