What is the correct pronunciation of the Thai dish, phad thai?

• Thread starter lisab
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Argument
In summary, the conversation is about the disagreement between a parent and child over the proper pronunciation of the Thai dish "phad thai." The correct pronunciation is "phad thai" or "ผัดไทย" and the child was correct.
lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
My daughter and I don't agree on pronunciation of the delicious Thai dish, "phad thai."

Is it "pod tie" or "pad tie"?

Physics news on Phys.org
Neither, its phad thai.

I thought it was pronounced "PAH-TAY!"

:rofl: Knew I could count on PFers for a straight answer...:rolleyes:

fat-te

lisab said:
My daughter and I don't agree on pronunciation of the delicious Thai dish, "phad thai."

Is it "pod tie" or "pad tie"?

Closest to the second.

You could also say it as ผัดไทย.

http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery?s=phad+thai&gwp=13

Last edited by a moderator:
rootX said:
http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery?s=phad+thai&gwp=13

Arg...hate it when she's right. Thanks, rootx.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is the best way to settle an argument?

The best way to settle an argument is by calmly discussing the issue and finding a compromise or solution that both parties can agree on. It is important to listen to each other's perspectives and communicate respectfully.

2. How can I prevent an argument from escalating?

To prevent an argument from escalating, it is important to remain calm and avoid getting defensive. Take a break if necessary to cool off and then come back to the discussion with a clear mind. It is also helpful to use "I" statements instead of "you" statements to avoid blaming the other person.

3. Is it okay to agree to disagree?

Yes, it is perfectly okay to agree to disagree. Not everyone will have the same opinions or beliefs, and it is important to respect that. In some cases, it may be best to simply acknowledge that you have different perspectives and move on.

4. How do I handle an argument with a loved one?

When having an argument with a loved one, it is important to remember to communicate with love and respect. Avoid using hurtful language or attacking the other person personally. Also, try to understand their perspective and find a compromise that works for both of you.

5. What should I do if an argument becomes too heated?

If an argument becomes too heated, it is important to take a break and cool off. This could mean taking a walk, listening to music, or engaging in a different activity. It is important to address the issue once both parties have calmed down and can have a productive discussion.