Several Ways to Increase Your IQ

• Thread starter Carlos Hernandez
  • Start date
  • Tags
    increase Iq
In summary, there is conflicting information on what makes someone "smart" or increases their intelligence. Some sources suggest that using creatine, taking estrogen, and exercising can improve IQ, while others argue that IQ tests only measure a narrow range of skills deemed "intelligent" by society. Ultimately, the definition of intelligence is subjective and there is no one definitive way to increase it.
Carlos Hernandez
Last edited by a moderator:
Biology news on Phys.org
I don't believe in the IQ test - it only tests a narrow range of tasks which are considered "intelligent" by society.

I'll draw upon my personal experience as the child of asian parents, only 3 things make you "smart" : English, Maths and Science. Know these and you are considered "smart". There was a massive debate on these forums a while back on exactly what is "intelligent", and the conclusion was something along the lines of whatever you think it is

But back on topic, the most effective way of increasing your IQ is to do it first, then read the answers, and do it again. You'll be the "smartest" person in the world!

While there may be some evidence that certain methods, such as taking creatine or estrogen, can potentially increase IQ, it is important to consider the potential risks and limitations of these approaches. For example, the use of creatine as a cognitive enhancer has not been extensively studied and may have negative side effects. Similarly, taking estrogen may have its own potential risks and should only be considered under the guidance of a medical professional.

In contrast, exercise is a well-known and widely accepted method for improving overall cognitive function, including IQ. Regular physical activity has been shown to increase blood flow to the brain, promote the growth of new brain cells, and improve cognitive flexibility and problem-solving skills. Additionally, exercise has numerous other physical and mental health benefits, making it a safe and effective way to boost IQ.

It is also important to note that while IQ is often seen as a measure of intelligence, it is not the only factor that determines a person's overall intelligence or success. Other factors such as emotional intelligence, creativity, and practical skills also play a significant role. Therefore, rather than focusing solely on increasing IQ, it may be more beneficial to focus on developing a well-rounded set of skills and abilities.

In conclusion, while there may be some potential ways to increase IQ, it is important to approach these methods with caution and to prioritize overall health and well-being. Regular exercise, along with a balanced and healthy lifestyle, can not only improve cognitive function but also contribute to overall success and happiness.

1. What is the definition of IQ?

IQ, or intelligence quotient, is a measure of an individual's cognitive ability and is often used to assess intelligence.

2. Can IQ be increased?

Yes, several studies have shown that IQ can be increased through various methods such as education, mental exercises, and brain training activities.

3. How can I increase my IQ?

There are several ways to increase your IQ, including challenging yourself with new and complex tasks, engaging in regular physical exercise, getting enough sleep, and eating a healthy and balanced diet.

4. Is there a limit to how much I can increase my IQ?

While IQ can be increased, it is believed that there may be a limit to how much it can be increased. This limit is often determined by factors such as genetics and environmental influences.

5. Are there any risks associated with trying to increase my IQ?

There are no known risks associated with trying to increase your IQ through methods such as education and brain training. However, it is important to consult with a professional before attempting any drastic methods, such as taking supplements or medications, as they may have potential side effects.