Sex-offending Priest killed in prison.

  • Thread starter BiologyForums
  • Start date
  • #1
Breaking News www.cnn.com

John Geoghan, former priest at the center of Boston archdiocese's sex abuse scandal, killed in prison, according to officials. Details soon.
 

Answers and Replies

  • #2
Zantra
781
3
/cheers

If you can rehabilitate, decapitate
 
  • #3
selfAdjoint
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
6,881
10
Now they are saying the guy who killed him was in prison for murdering a homosexual, and this guy had been plotting the ex priest's murder for weeks. Sounds to me like a major flub on the part of the prison staff.
 
  • #4
KillaMarcilla
56
0
Two wrongs don't make a right
 
  • #5
Zantra
781
3
Originally posted by selfAdjoint
Now they are saying the guy who killed him was in prison for murdering a homosexual, and this guy had been plotting the ex priest's murder for weeks. Sounds to me like a major flub on the part of the prison staff.

That or it wasn't accidental. The guards may have been looking the other way- wouldn't be the first time in the history of prisons.


As for two wrongs and a right, maybe this is true, but one could also argue that the sentence he initially received wasn't enough. Castration would be the only true equalibrium. You steal, they cut off your hand- you're a pedophile, and well..Let's just say he shouldn't be picking up the extra-value economy size box of condoms- better to stick with the 3 pack:wink:
 
  • #6
Hurkyl
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
14,967
19
Resorting to vigilante justice whenever you don't like a verdict isn't quite the message we want to be sending to people...
 
  • #7
Zantra
781
3
Originally posted by Hurkyl
Resorting to vigilante justice whenever you don't like a verdict isn't quite the message we want to be sending to people...

Oh I wasn't suggesting vigilante justice, I was suggestion a legal punishment for a criminal act
 
  • #8
Originally posted by Zantra
Oh I wasn't suggesting vigilante justice, I was suggestion a legal punishment for a criminal act
That is not a legal punishement. In fact it's illegal to inflict punishment that way.

This kind of thing pisses me off. I hate it when prisoners inflict harm on others. That's just more crime.

It's not uncommon for inoccent people to get sent to prison. It happens more than we'd like to believe. And in such cases you have totally inoccent people being hurt, raped or killed.

Pmb
 
  • #9
Andy
69
11
I was suggestion a legal punishment for a criminal act

I understood that for him to be suggesting that it is made a legal punishment.
 
  • #10
Zantra
781
3
Originally posted by pmb
That is not a legal punishement. In fact it's illegal to inflict punishment that way.

This kind of thing pisses me off. I hate it when prisoners inflict harm on others. That's just more crime.

It's not uncommon for inoccent people to get sent to prison. It happens more than we'd like to believe. And in such cases you have totally inoccent people being hurt, raped or killed.

Pmb

Oh it could be done in a non painful way- simple operation to make him a enuch. I'm not saying get a mob and go whack it off with a rusty knife. I'm talking about federally mandated punishment. The punishment should fit the crime
 

Suggested for: Sex-offending Priest killed in prison.

Replies
9
Views
615
Replies
3
Views
337
Replies
1
Views
548
Replies
10
Views
1K
Replies
4
Views
1K
Replies
10
Views
2K
  • Last Post
3
Replies
70
Views
6K
Replies
18
Views
2K
  • Last Post
2
Replies
35
Views
3K
Top