Sexy Ads on PF - What's Disgusting?

• Thread starter Cyrus
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the experience of looking at advertisements on a forum and the difficulty of connecting them with the content of the posts. The participants also share their opinions on the attractiveness of the model in the ad and make humorous comparisons to scientific concepts and celebrity figures.
Cyrus
[PLAIN]http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/4184/disgusting.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Come on cyrus, pay the $15 and get a year long membership. :tongue2:

Cyrus said:
[PLAIN]http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/4184/disgusting.png[/QUOTE]Your image didn't post. Let me guess... dark-skinned, brown-eyed young female with black hair who has no tattoos or piercings. Was I close?

Yay! It came through. Not all that attractive, but not atypical of street-views.

Cyrus said:
[PLAIN]http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/4184/disgusting.png[/QUOTE]

Not sure I'd call that sexy...it sure is a bit more skin than I'd like to see, though.

It's so weird to look at these because my brain tries to connect the ad image in a meaningful way with the post. I now envision a quantized Dirac field interacting with a classical potential as being something like Kim Kardashian interacting with a hula hoop, and will forever associate wind farms with excess belly fat.

Math Is Hard said:
It's so weird to look at these because my brain tries to connect the ad image in a meaningful way with the post. I now envision a quantized Dirac field interacting with a classical potential as being something like Kim Kardashian interacting with a hula hoop, and will forever associate wind farms with excess belly fat.
:rofl:

Evo said:
:rofl:

I see your ":rofl:" and raise you a ":biggrin:".

1. What are "sexy ads" on PF and why are they considered "disgusting"?

"Sexy ads" refer to advertisements or promotional content that use sexualized imagery or language to attract attention or sell a product or service. They are considered "disgusting" because they often objectify and exploit individuals, particularly women, for the purpose of profit.

2. Why do some people find these ads offensive?

Some people find these ads offensive because they perpetuate harmful and unrealistic stereotypes about beauty, gender roles, and relationships. They can also contribute to a toxic and hypersexualized culture that can lead to issues such as body image problems, sexual harassment, and sexual violence.

3. Are there any regulations or restrictions on using "sexy ads" in PF?

There are no specific regulations or restrictions on using "sexy ads" in PF, but they may be subject to general advertising laws and guidelines. Additionally, some social media platforms and websites may have their own policies on what type of content is allowed.

4. Can "sexy ads" have any positive impact?

While the use of "sexy ads" may attract attention and potentially increase sales for businesses, the negative impact they can have on individuals and society as a whole outweighs any potential benefits. It is possible for companies to advertise their products or services without resorting to objectification or exploitation.

5. What can we do to address the issue of "sexy ads" on PF?

As consumers, we have the power to demand change by not supporting companies that use "sexy ads" and instead choosing to support businesses that promote more inclusive and respectful messaging. We can also speak out against these ads and advocate for stronger regulations and policies to prevent their use in the future.