Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Shaded Pole Motor

1. Feb 15, 2010 #1
    Hello,

I'm looking for a shaded pole motor manufactured by Electric Motors & Specs.

9 WO
    Class B
    115 Volts
    60 HZ
    1550 RPM

Does anyone know where this part can be found? I live in Canada. Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 15, 2010 #2
    This is a very rare 4-pole shaded pole motor. Usually they are 2-pole 3100 RPM. I once had a phonograph turntable that ran off a 4-pole motor like this. The only thing that can go wrong with these is the motor coil. What was yours used for and what happened to it?

Bob S

4. Feb 15, 2010 #3
    It's for a seafood case, one of those long refrigerator cases at your supermarket. I have no idea what happened to it. I found this: http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/m...n-unit-bearing-fan-motor-9-watts-115-volts-1"
    Do you think I could replace this part with the one in the link? The only differences in the two are the brand and AMPS. Mine is .6 and this one is .53.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
  5. Feb 15, 2010 #4
    If both motors are 9 watts, the replacement is ok. Note that 0.53 amps at 115 volts is 61 volt-amps, which is a lot more than the rated 9 watts. Make sure it has proper air cooling. If you need to reverse this motor, just take it apart and reassemble with the armature pointed in the opposite direction. Yours is .6 amps, or was .6 amps?

Bob S

6. Feb 15, 2010 #5
    I have no idea?? My broken motor says .6amps and the one in the link says .53amps. I don't know what any of these numbers mean.. is it ok to replace it with the one in the link?

7. Feb 15, 2010 #6
    Why is your motor broken? Bob S

8. Feb 15, 2010 #7
    I don't know what happened to it... I don't plan to fix it or anything. I'd like to replace it, but having difficulty finding the right one.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook