Find 9 WO Class B Shaded Pole Motor | Electric Motors & Specs | Canada

In summary, Bob's shaded pole motor is broken and he is looking for a replacement part. The part in the link is a .53 amps motor and should be able to replace his broken one.
Pigeu
Hello,

I'm looking for a shaded pole motor manufactured by Electric Motors & Specs.

9 WO
Class B
115 Volts
60 HZ
1550 RPM

Does anyone know where this part can be found? I live in Canada. Thanks!

Engineering news on Phys.org
This is a very rare 4-pole shaded pole motor. Usually they are 2-pole 3100 RPM. I once had a phonograph turntable that ran off a 4-pole motor like this. The only thing that can go wrong with these is the motor coil. What was yours used for and what happened to it?

Bob S

It's for a seafood case, one of those long refrigerator cases at your supermarket. I have no idea what happened to it. I found this: http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/m...n-unit-bearing-fan-motor-9-watts-115-volts-1"
Do you think I could replace this part with the one in the link? The only differences in the two are the brand and AMPS. Mine is .6 and this one is .53.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
If both motors are 9 watts, the replacement is ok. Note that 0.53 amps at 115 volts is 61 volt-amps, which is a lot more than the rated 9 watts. Make sure it has proper air cooling. If you need to reverse this motor, just take it apart and reassemble with the armature pointed in the opposite direction. Yours is .6 amps, or was .6 amps?

Bob S

I have no idea?? My broken motor says .6amps and the one in the link says .53amps. I don't know what any of these numbers mean.. is it ok to replace it with the one in the link?

Pigeu said:
I have no idea?? My broken motor says .6amps and the one in the link says .53amps. I don't know what any of these numbers mean.. is it ok to replace it with the one in the link?
Why is your motor broken? Bob S

I don't know what happened to it... I don't plan to fix it or anything. I'd like to replace it, but having difficulty finding the right one.

1. What is a Class B Shaded Pole Motor?

A Class B Shaded Pole Motor is a type of electric motor that is commonly used for low-power applications such as small fans and blowers. It gets its name from the shading coils, which are used to create a rotating magnetic field and propel the motor's rotor. Class B refers to the motor's insulation rating, indicating that it can withstand high temperatures.

2. What makes the WO series of Class B Shaded Pole Motors unique?

The WO series of Class B Shaded Pole Motors is known for its compact size, high efficiency, and low noise operation. These motors are designed to be durable and reliable, making them suitable for a wide range of applications. They also feature a low starting voltage and can run at variable speeds, making them versatile and energy-efficient.

3. How do I know if the WO Class B Shaded Pole Motor is suitable for my application?

The WO Class B Shaded Pole Motor is suitable for a variety of applications, including small appliances, ventilation systems, and refrigeration equipment. It is best suited for low-power applications where compact size and low noise operation are important. It is important to check the motor's specifications and compare them to your application's requirements to ensure compatibility.

4. What are the specifications of the WO Class B Shaded Pole Motor?

The WO Class B Shaded Pole Motor has a power range of 5 to 34 watts and operates on a voltage range of 110-120V or 220-240V. It has a speed range of 1000 to 3000 RPM and is available in various frame sizes. It is also available with different mounting options, such as foot or flange mount. For detailed specifications, it is best to refer to the manufacturer's datasheet.

5. Where can I buy a WO Class B Shaded Pole Motor in Canada?

The WO Class B Shaded Pole Motor is available for purchase from various electric motor suppliers in Canada. Some popular options include WEG, Baldor, and ABB. You can also purchase it online from different retailers or directly from the manufacturer. It is important to ensure that you are purchasing from a reputable source to ensure the quality and authenticity of the motor.