Five Characters & Plot of Shakespeare's Hamlet

• Thread starter tormund
  • Start date
In summary, the five main characters in Shakespeare's Hamlet are H, a, m, l, t, and yorik. The plot revolves around Hamlet's search for a bee. At the end of the play, everyone kills each other. I recommend reading Romeo and Juliet instead.
tormund
sorry its a bit off topic, but does anyone know five main characters in shakespeare's Hamlet, and the plot of it?

thnx:yuck:

Physics news on Phys.org
Crack a book man.

oooh! … isn't one of them …

Piglet :smile:

Too lazy for Cliff's Notes is a new low.

I'll help...one of the main characters is Hamlet, Prince of Denmark. Good luck.

Everything goes to ****.

… and I'm pretty sure one of the characters says …

is this a Tigger that i see before me? :smile:

The 5 main characters are H, a, m, l, and t. Yorik is in there too, but 'e plays a minor role. I hope he uses a stunt man, poor fellow. The plot is like this. Hamlet stomps around the castle looking for a bee or two, killing main characters as he goes. At the end everybody grabs a sword, drinks from a goblet, and kills somebody else to the end that all die. It's the least funny of his comedies. I recommend Romeo and Juliet instead. They all die too, but at least there's a chance that they might have sex first.

jimmysnyder said:
Hamlet stomps around the castle looking for a bee or two, killing main characters as he goes …

yes it was curtains for someone :wink:

got injected with Polonium, i think :rolleyes:

though Hamlet never did find a bee …

they were all chasing after Pooh, who was trying to steal their hunny :smile:

You forgot the part about Banquo's ghost!

Are you talking about the part in Hamlet where Mercutio stabbed Macbeth, and then Banquo's ghost showed up to laugh at Macbeth as he died?

And then they all sit down for a play.

Darn, Brilliant! You forgot King Richard and the pound of flesh. Kids these days got no culture!

i see y'all have a sense of humour

tormund said:
i see y'all have a sense of humour

Alas, poor Tormund! I knew him, Horatio, a fellow of infinite
jest, of most excellent fancy. He hath meant to read Hamlet a
thousand times, and now how abhorr'd in his imagination it is!
My gorge rises at it.

turbo-1 said:
Darn, Brilliant! You forgot King Richard and the pound of flesh. Kids these days got no culture!
Watch it, or I'll pour poison in your ear like Hamlet did to his father Shylock at the behest of his mother, Desdemona.

Honestly, tormund, this is much ado about nothing. There aren't many novel versions of plays, so it should be pretty easy to flip the book open to any page and come across at least 2 or 3 character names.

To read, or not to read, that is the question.

Last edited:
Here's a list of characters and the plot:

http://www.gutenberg.org/dirs/etext98/2ws2610.txt

:smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
signerror said:
Here's a list of characters and the plot:

http://www.gutenberg.org/dirs/etext98/2ws2610.txt

:smile:
Now why did you do that? The OP may be able to extract enough usable information to pass his reading assignment.

FredGarvin said:
Too lazy for Cliff's Notes is a new low.

What do you care? Cry 'hammock!', and let sleep the dogs who snore.

:rofl:
signerror said:

signerror said:
That made me laugh. Good one!

signerror said:
Is there a guru award for funniest post of the year?

Everyone's being so silly. Hamlet is a taut drama about developing better mousetraps. I don't know why this thread hasn't been moved to the appropriate engineering forum.

Doesn't someone pour a ham omelet into the King's ear?

But what about danielle steel's hamlet?

That’s a bit of a long shot to expect an answer to your question in a forum like this isn’t it? But… since your optimism is so endearing… try http://www.shmoop.com/intro/literature/william-shakespeare/hamlet.html" on Shmoop. It might just be what you are looking for.

I thought the topic was shakespear's helmet. disappointed

I bite my thumb at you....Hmm. Not censored. :cool:

Great! Now my thumb hurts.

I'm not sure but I think Shakespeare wrote plays.Or was it that other geezer?

Lara Payne said:
That’s a bit of a long shot to expect an answer to your question in a forum like this...
Yeah? Why would you think that?

1. Who are the five main characters in Shakespeare's Hamlet?

The five main characters in Hamlet are Prince Hamlet, King Claudius, Queen Gertrude, Polonius, and Ophelia.

2. What is the plot of Shakespeare's Hamlet?

The plot of Hamlet follows Prince Hamlet as he seeks revenge for his father's murder at the hands of his uncle, King Claudius. Along the way, Hamlet struggles with his own indecision and madness, leading to the downfall of himself and those around him.

3. How does the character of Hamlet develop throughout the play?

At the beginning of the play, Hamlet is a melancholic and indecisive young man who is grieving the death of his father. As the play progresses, he becomes more erratic and vengeful, eventually leading to his own downfall.

4. What role does Ophelia play in the plot of Hamlet?

Ophelia is a tragic character who is used by other characters to further their own goals. She is torn between her love for Hamlet and her loyalty to her father, Polonius. Her eventual madness and death serve as a reminder of the consequences of deceit and betrayal.

5. How does the play Hamlet reflect the themes of revenge and madness?

Revenge and madness are central themes in Hamlet. The play explores the destructive nature of seeking revenge and the consequences it can have on individuals and their relationships. Hamlet's descent into madness also serves as a commentary on the effects of grief and the fragility of the human mind.