1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Shear stress eqn

1. Jul 26, 2006 #1
    http://www.savefiles.net/d/ieiwoixnjfw.html

Can anybody pls write for me the shear stress eqn using singularities or heaviside function in which i have attach the in the file above

pls help

thanx

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 26, 2006 #2
    This is the homework help, not the do your homework forum. :grumpy:

4. Jul 27, 2006 #3

Pyrrhus

Homework Helper

Looks like standard procedure to me?, on what exactly are you stuck?

5. Jul 28, 2006 #4
    the equation for the middle part where the joint forces between the upper and lower force.Should i write 2q<x-l>^0 or any others??

6. Jul 28, 2006 #5
    Taking downward direction as a positive direction, the load density function should be

[tex]q(x)=q_{0}-q_{0}(x-l)^0-q_{0}(x-l)^0=q_{0}-2q_{0}(x-l)^0[/tex]

Note that the [tex]q_{0}[/tex] is contributed by the upper distributed force, the first [tex]q_{0}(x-l)^0[/tex] is to diminish the effect of [tex]q_{0}[/tex] at position along the beam [tex]x=l[/tex] while the second [tex]q_{0}(x-l)^0[/tex] is the lower distributed force that acting in an upward direction, which means the negative direction here by convention.

Then, proceed to find [tex]V(x)[/tex] and [tex]M(x)[/tex]. Finally, draw the shear and moment diagrams.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2006
  7. Jul 28, 2006 #6
    ok.........thanx

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?