Can You Successfully Lose 45kgs in 2 Months?

• Thread starter DanP
  • Start date
In summary: Liquifying food helps weight loss because it takes up space in the stomach. The less food there is to work with, the less room the body has to store it. In the link, a guy lost 45kg (100lbs) by only drinking juice for two months. If he simply goes back to business as usual, that weight will come right back. It's been my observation that the vast majority of people who lose weight by making sudden, radical lifestyle changes can't stick with it.If he simply goes back to business as usual, that weight will come right back. It's been my observation that the vast majority of people who lose weight by making sudden, radical lifestyle changes can't stick with it
DanP
http://www.women24.com/Wellness/Diet/Lose-45kgs-in-2-months-20110405

Well, I wouldn't recomand anyone to do that from a health PoV, not do I have any guarantee of the reality of the time frame.

But one thing is clear. Every single human can thin himself , and motivate himself to keep the fat off.

Physics news on Phys.org
DanP said:
http://www.women24.com/Wellness/Diet/Lose-45kgs-in-2-months-20110405

Well, I wouldn't recomand anyone to do that from a health PoV, not do I have any guarantee of the reality of the time frame.

But one thing is clear. Every single human can thin himself , and motivate himself to keep the fat off.

Probably true I think, most people can lose weight if they really want to. Of course there will be those with medical conditions that prevent weight loss or make it very difficult, but I think those are the exceptions.

But radical lifestyle changes that cannot be sustained are a bad idea. In the link, a guy lost 45kg (100lbs) by only drinking juice for two months.

If he simply goes back to business as usual, that weight will come right back. It's been my observation that the vast majority of people who lose weight by making sudden, radical lifestyle changes can't stick with it.

lisab said:
If he simply goes back to business as usual, that weight will come right back. It's been my observation that the vast majority of people who lose weight by making sudden, radical lifestyle changes can't stick with it.

It is so. However, too often I hear from ppl that "I can't get my weight down, and I eat almost nothing" Which of course, it's a sick joke. Anyone can loose weight.

I recall reading about Chris Voigt who is the head of Washington State's Potato Commission, who to promote that potatoes are a healthy vegetable went on a potato only diet for 2 months, just potatoes, little oil for cooking and seasoning. He lost 21 lbs and dropped his cholesterol by almost 70 points.

Perhaps not the place, but why does liquifying food help weight loss?

1. Can losing 45kgs in 2 months be considered a healthy weight loss goal?

No, losing 45kgs in 2 months is an extremely aggressive and unrealistic weight loss goal. A healthy and sustainable weight loss rate is typically 0.5-1kg per week, which equates to about 8-16kgs in 2 months. Rapid weight loss can also lead to health complications such as nutrient deficiencies, dehydration, and muscle loss.

2. Is it possible to lose 45kgs in 2 months through diet and exercise alone?

It is not possible to lose 45kgs in 2 months through diet and exercise alone. To lose 45kgs in 2 months, one would need to create a calorie deficit of 157,500 calories per month, which is equivalent to a daily deficit of 5,250 calories. This is not sustainable or healthy through diet and exercise alone and would require extreme and potentially dangerous measures.

3. What are the potential risks of attempting to lose 45kgs in 2 months?

The potential risks of attempting to lose 45kgs in 2 months include nutrient deficiencies, dehydration, fatigue, muscle loss, and potential health complications such as gallstones, electrolyte imbalances, and heart problems. Rapid weight loss can also lead to rebound weight gain and disordered eating habits.

4. Are there any safe and effective ways to lose 45kgs in 2 months?

No, there are no safe and effective ways to lose 45kgs in 2 months. As mentioned before, a healthy and sustainable weight loss rate is 0.5-1kg per week. This can be achieved through a combination of a balanced and nutritious diet, regular exercise, and lifestyle changes such as reducing stress and getting enough sleep.

5. What is a more realistic weight loss goal for 2 months?

A more realistic weight loss goal for 2 months is 8-16kgs. This can be achieved through a calorie deficit of 500-1000 calories per day, which can be accomplished through a combination of healthy eating and regular exercise. It is important to focus on overall health and well-being rather than a specific number on the scale.