Shell and Tube Heat Exchangers

• Thread starter jeewana
  • Start date
Hi,

Anyone knows how to place the DERESONATING BAFFLES in a Shell and Tube heat Exchanger? How does it look likes?

Hi,

Anyone knows how to place the DERESONATING BAFFLES in a Shell and Tube heat Exchanger? How does it look likes?
I am sure some engineer can locate the areas that are most prone to resonating, or even just someone with a stethescope - that is the place for the interiour baffles .... the ones I am familiar with lie within and to parallel the tube bundle.

I have also seen anti-swurrl (is that a word?) baffles placed near the tube inlet and outlets. If they are within the bundle they have to be removed for maintenence on the tube sheets etc - if inside the piping leading to the exchanger, not.

Other than that - differences in flow and pressure on the shellside can make a big difference.

Can anyone help me to find the the thermal properties (Density,Heat capacity,viscosity,thermal conductivity) of WHITE LIQUOR used in pulp industry?

[WHITE LIQUOR is a mixture of NaOH,Na2S,Na2CO3.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, As you said this should be calculated since the percentages of its content varies. However I was expecting some typical values for a design.

Thanks again.

I am sure some engineer can locate the areas that are most prone to resonating, or even just someone with a stethescope - that is the place for the interiour baffles .... the ones I am familiar with lie within and to parallel the tube bundle.

I have also seen anti-swurrl (is that a word?) baffles placed near the tube inlet and outlets. If they are within the bundle they have to be removed for maintenence on the tube sheets etc - if inside the piping leading to the exchanger, not.

Other than that - differences in flow and pressure on the shellside can make a big difference.

Thanks for the reply. It helped me to get some idea.
Jeewana