1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Shell and Tube Heat Exchangers

1. Jan 12, 2010 #1
    Hi,

Anyone knows how to place the DERESONATING BAFFLES in a Shell and Tube heat Exchanger? How does it look likes?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 12, 2010 #2
    I am sure some engineer can locate the areas that are most prone to resonating, or even just someone with a stethescope - that is the place for the interiour baffles .... the ones I am familiar with lie within and to parallel the tube bundle.

I have also seen anti-swurrl (is that a word?) baffles placed near the tube inlet and outlets. If they are within the bundle they have to be removed for maintenence on the tube sheets etc - if inside the piping leading to the exchanger, not.

Other than that - differences in flow and pressure on the shellside can make a big difference.

4. Jan 20, 2010 #3
    Can anyone help me to find the the thermal properties (Density,Heat capacity,viscosity,thermal conductivity) of WHITE LIQUOR used in pulp industry?

[WHITE LIQUOR is a mixture of NaOH,Na2S,Na2CO3.]

5. Jan 20, 2010 #4
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
  6. Jan 20, 2010 #5
    Thanks for the reply.

Yes, As you said this should be calculated since the percentages of its content varies. However I was expecting some typical values for a design.

Thanks again.

7. Jan 31, 2010 #6

Thanks for the reply. It helped me to get some idea.
    Jeewana

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook