Exploring the Egg Shell Theory of the Universe

In summary, The conversation discusses the theory of the egg shell universe, which suggests that the universe was created in a big bang and the observable universe is only a small part of the total mass. The conversation also talks about the possibility of testing this theory and references to scientific papers on the subject. However, it is mentioned that the idea has not received a response from well-known astronomers and therefore cannot be discussed further at this time.
Arac15
Dear reader,
Of course I searched the site to see other persons discussing the the egg shell theory, but I did not find it.
So, perhaps someone can direct me to the subject.

I am interested in the theory that when the universe was created in a big bang, the only part of it is the part we observe at this time.
It could be that the larger part of the total mass was blown away first. We then are only the small remnents of this blast.
This can also explain the accellerated expansion, because we are attracted towards this huge blown away mass.
Well, I would like to see what other readers have already discussed about this idea, and what can be done to perform measurements to test it.

Space news on Phys.org
Has this idea been published in a scientific paper? If so, please point us to references.

Hi,
No, the idea has been proposed to well known astronomers, but no answer has been received yet

Arac15 said:
Hi,
No, the idea has been proposed to well known astronomers, but no answer has been received yet

When it has been published, then we can discuss it here.

1. How does the Egg Shell Theory explain the shape of the universe?

The Egg Shell Theory proposes that the universe has a curved and finite shape, similar to that of an egg shell. This curvature is caused by the expansion of space, and the finite shape suggests that the universe has boundaries.

2. What evidence supports the Egg Shell Theory?

One key piece of evidence is the cosmic microwave background radiation, which is a remnant of the early universe and shows a uniform distribution in all directions. This supports the idea of a curved universe. Additionally, observations of the distribution of galaxies also support the hypothesis of a finite universe with boundaries.

3. How does the Egg Shell Theory relate to the Big Bang Theory?

The Big Bang Theory is a widely accepted explanation for the origin and evolution of the universe. The Egg Shell Theory does not contradict the Big Bang Theory, but rather expands on it by proposing a specific shape and boundaries for the universe.

4. Could there be other shapes or theories that explain the universe?

Yes, there are other theories and models that attempt to explain the shape and structure of the universe. Some propose a flat or saddle-shaped universe, while others suggest a more complex shape. However, the Egg Shell Theory is one of the most compelling and well-supported theories currently being studied.

5. How does the Egg Shell Theory impact our understanding of the universe?

The Egg Shell Theory has the potential to significantly change our understanding of the universe and our place within it. If proven to be accurate, it could provide insight into the fundamental properties of space and time, and potentially lead to new discoveries and advancements in the field of cosmology.