Shenzhou 6 Launch: Implications for the Global Space Industry

In summary, the Shenzhou 6 launch has implications for the worldwide space industry, with China likely to surpass the United States in terms of space exploration. However, there are still many challenges to be overcome before they can reach the Moon, Mars or even surpass NASA.

Check the ones you agree with:

• The Chinese space program will eventually surpass NASA.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • The Chinese will get to the Moon before NASA.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • The Chinese will get to Mars before NASA.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • The Chinese will go beyond Mars before NASA.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • I would love to ride on a Shenzhou.

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
cefarix
Shenzhou 6 was launched earlier today. What do you think the implications are for the worldwide space industry, and also where do you think the Chinese may be headed with this? How long until they get to the Moon, Mars, or surpass NASA? Also, if given the chance, would you take a ride on a Shenzhou? :biggrin:

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm still waiting for them to be invited to join the International Space Station.

I clicked all of them since it looks like NASA is going to die soon, and be replaced in America by private industry.

I can't believe

I think Shenzhou will never surpass NASA.

Well since the US made it to the moon 4 decades ago...
And we have already sent multiple probes and robots to mars...
And we have already sent multiple probes beyond mars...

Not sure what to put :P

If we're talking about human flights... well again, we already went to the moon. The rest I highly doubt. The Chinese have a loooooooong way to go before they get to mars. I bet they will surpass the US however at some point. The Chinese are far more willing to sacrifice people in the name of nationalism and such. Everytime we have an accident, people say the US will never go into space again. I'm sure in China, if there is an accident, they'll be at it trying again the next month. We're incredibly cautious when it comes to this kinda stuff it seems.

And where is the "none of the above" option. China may very well spontaneously combust tomorrow for all we know.

Last edited:
Smurf said:
I'm still waiting for them to be invited to join the International Space Station.

Maybe when the Red Cross and AI are no longer able to publish truckloads of human rights abuse cases from China...

Pengwuino said:
Maybe when the Red Cross and AI are no longer able to publish truckloads of human rights abuse cases from China...
Just because you don't like China doesn't mean their not in the space club. They've already surpassed 4 of the agencies in the ISS soon they will pass Russia too and eventually even NASA.

Smurf said:
Just because you don't like China doesn't mean their not in the space club. They've already surpassed 4 of the agencies in the ISS soon they will pass Russia too and eventually even NASA.

They shouldn't be allowed to join the international space station.

And if you're talking about the poll... i think i made it very clear that the US has already done all of that if we're not talking about manned missions so unless China is going to devise a way of going back to the 50's and beat us to the moon, the choices are rather useless.

What I meant is going to the moon again for NASA. Also, the Chinese are extremely meticulous in their engineering, and there is no hurry for them, so I think they are going to have it much safer.

Pengwuino said:
They shouldn't be allowed to join the international space station.
Why not? By all accounts it sounds like you could use the help.

1. What is the significance of the Shenzhou 6 launch for the global space industry?

The Shenzhou 6 launch was significant for the global space industry as it marked China's second human spaceflight mission and demonstrated their advancements in space technology. It also showcased China's potential to become a major player in the space industry and sparked competition among other nations to further develop their own space programs.

2. How does the Shenzhou 6 launch impact international relations in regards to space exploration?

The Shenzhou 6 launch has had a significant impact on international relations in regards to space exploration. It has sparked collaboration between China and other countries, such as Russia, and has also sparked competition among other space-faring nations. This has led to increased cooperation and advancements in space technology.

3. What were some of the major technologies tested during the Shenzhou 6 mission?

The Shenzhou 6 mission tested a variety of technologies, including advanced life support systems, orbital maneuvering and rendezvous capabilities, and spacewalking techniques. It also tested China's first space food and onboard medical monitoring systems.

4. How does the Shenzhou 6 launch contribute to the future of space exploration?

The success of the Shenzhou 6 launch has contributed to the future of space exploration by demonstrating China's capabilities and advancements in space technology. It has also sparked international collaboration and competition, which will likely lead to further advancements and progress in the global space industry.

5. What challenges did the Shenzhou 6 mission face and how were they overcome?

The Shenzhou 6 mission faced several challenges, such as technical difficulties and potential risks to the crew. However, these challenges were overcome through rigorous testing and preparations, as well as backup systems and emergency procedures. The success of the mission was a testament to the dedication and expertise of the scientists and engineers involved.