1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Shhh … library race

1. Dec 20, 2008 #1

tiny-tim

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I've been watching with interest the race between different titles on the top-10 ladder on the PF Library mainpage.

For no apparent reason, "moment of inertia" has finally elbowed its way to the top.

It used to be quite exciting

shhh! :frown:

sorry! :redface:

electric field was going at the speed of light …

but, for obvious reasons, momentum was also a front-runner, and shot forward towards the edge of the universe …

friction presumably got carried along stuck to something else …

then the edge of the universe stopped expanding …

and pressure powered its way forward …

escape velocity obviously will never quite reach the edge of the universe …

but time dilation may be able to overtake the others at warp speed …

however, moment of inertia is purely rotational, so how did that make any progress: is there some velocity-spin linkage we don't yet know about? :confused:

I find it difficult to believe that, in Peoria, "they talk about little else" :biggrin:

Or that "moment of inertia" is coming up a lot in autolinking.

My guess is that members and guests are looking only or mainly at the top-10 and most-recent-10 titles, simply because they don't see any others … once a title is in the top-10 list, it tends to keep others out

and more importantly, the work done by members in creating new titles is little appreciated once their titles have left the most-recent-10 list.

Could there be a link (perhaps just saying more) to (say) the top 100 viewed, so that members and guests can "shop around", instead of following the tourist trail? :biggrin:

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 29, 2009 #2

tiny-tim

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

library race hotting up

heat has just

shhh! :mad:

sorry! :redface: heat has just managed to push moments out of the top 10, and is advancing strongly on quadratic equation

(ah well, moments had its moments :rolleyes:)

i suppose that's to be expected, because heat rises :biggrin:

but it's not making any headway on Newton's second law :confused: … perhaps that's because that has its own acceleration?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?