Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Shhh … library race

1. Dec 20, 2008 #1

tiny-tim

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I've been watching with interest the race between different titles on the top-10 ladder on the PF Library mainpage.

For no apparent reason, "moment of inertia" has finally elbowed its way to the top.

It used to be quite exciting

shhh! :frown:

sorry! :redface:

electric field was going at the speed of light …

but, for obvious reasons, momentum was also a front-runner, and shot forward towards the edge of the universe …

friction presumably got carried along stuck to something else …

then the edge of the universe stopped expanding …

and pressure powered its way forward …

escape velocity obviously will never quite reach the edge of the universe …

but time dilation may be able to overtake the others at warp speed …

however, moment of inertia is purely rotational, so how did that make any progress: is there some velocity-spin linkage we don't yet know about? :confused:

I find it difficult to believe that, in Peoria, "they talk about little else" :biggrin:

Or that "moment of inertia" is coming up a lot in autolinking.

My guess is that members and guests are looking only or mainly at the top-10 and most-recent-10 titles, simply because they don't see any others … once a title is in the top-10 list, it tends to keep others out

and more importantly, the work done by members in creating new titles is little appreciated once their titles have left the most-recent-10 list.

Could there be a link (perhaps just saying more) to (say) the top 100 viewed, so that members and guests can "shop around", instead of following the tourist trail? :biggrin:

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 29, 2009 #2

tiny-tim

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

library race hotting up

heat has just

shhh! :mad:

sorry! :redface: heat has just managed to push moments out of the top 10, and is advancing strongly on quadratic equation

(ah well, moments had its moments :rolleyes:)

i suppose that's to be expected, because heat rises :biggrin:

but it's not making any headway on Newton's second law :confused: … perhaps that's because that has its own acceleration?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?