1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

SHM question

1. May 11, 2003 #1
    In a harbour, the time between successive high tides is 10 hours. On a day when the height of high tide above low tide is 8.0m, find
    (i) the angular frequency of the tides;
    (ii) the time interval within a cycle during which the sea-water is more than 5.0m above the low tide;
    (iii) the rate at which the tide is rising or falling when the sea-water is 5.0m above the low tide.

Pls help me solve this problem, thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. May 11, 2003 #2

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hi Chense, and welcome to PF.

We will be happy to help you with your homework, but first we would like to see how you started and where you got stuck.

Thanks!

4. May 12, 2003 #3

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Just above your post is one titled "Sticky- Read before posting".
    Did you read it before posting?

The critical part is:
    "Please, for your own sake, try your homework before you come here, and show us where you got stuck. Speaking for myself, I already know that I know how to do your problem. Me doing it for you accomplishes nothing."

5. May 12, 2003 #4
    Yeah, the problem is pretty simple. What class is this for, and is it college or HS?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?