Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Shooting down satelite

1. Feb 20, 2008 #1
    If this happens, will this be easily visible?

Also, does anyone know of a website or something that will announce when it is going to happen? I would love to be able to be outside watching if it is going to be visible. Well, assuming my skies will be clear enough to see anything at all... :rolleyes:
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 20, 2008 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

There's already a thread about this:

As you might imagine, there's quite a bit of interest from folks on this forum.

Last I heard, the weather on the Pacific was getting too rough for them to take a shot. Might have to wait until tomorrow.
  4. Feb 20, 2008 #3
    Thanks Lisa. That thread seems to have a conspiracy flavor to it though about what the satelite IS. I am just looking for someplace on the internet that I can get up to the minute information on when it will be shot down. I would like to try to see it if it is possible.
  5. Feb 20, 2008 #4

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ah. No, I'm not privy to any such sites. I know what I know about the satelite from the mainstream news - it's well filtered for any actual information, then watered down, down, down :smile: !
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?