1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Shooting down satelite

1. Feb 20, 2008 #1
    If this happens, will this be easily visible?

Also, does anyone know of a website or something that will announce when it is going to happen? I would love to be able to be outside watching if it is going to be visible. Well, assuming my skies will be clear enough to see anything at all... :rolleyes:

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 20, 2008 #2

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

There's already a thread about this:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=211328

As you might imagine, there's quite a bit of interest from folks on this forum.

Last I heard, the weather on the Pacific was getting too rough for them to take a shot. Might have to wait until tomorrow.

4. Feb 20, 2008 #3
    Thanks Lisa. That thread seems to have a conspiracy flavor to it though about what the satelite IS. I am just looking for someplace on the internet that I can get up to the minute information on when it will be shot down. I would like to try to see it if it is possible.

5. Feb 20, 2008 #4

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ah. No, I'm not privy to any such sites. I know what I know about the satelite from the mainstream news - it's well filtered for any actual information, then watered down, down, down :smile: !

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?