Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Shoreline on Titan

1. Sep 18, 2005 #1

turbo

Gold Member

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 18, 2005 #2
    Wow, crazy stuff...

4. Sep 18, 2005 #3
    Absolutely awesome. I remember when the first images from Huygens came back earlier this year. I was happier than a kid on christmas morning(says a lot about my life)

5. Sep 19, 2005 #4
    Wow, I didn't realize they're getting new images. This is the first good image. I was so disapointed when it first landed, we got like three images and all of them sucked.

6. Sep 19, 2005 #5

Phobos

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Cassini has many more scheduled fly-bys of Titan (many more photos to come). The Huygens probe released from Cassini was just meant to be active for a few hours. Personally, I'm thrilled to have the Huygens photos even though I was hoping for some different scenery (for the landing site, that is...the photos it took during its descent were really cool).

7. Sep 19, 2005 #6
    Oh, I was under the impression that these where new pictures from Huygens. I was like: "how the hell do they have new pictures?" Huygens was a few inches from being a failure. Basicly three bad pictures that showed next to nothing.

8. Mar 18, 2006 #7

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Last edited: Mar 18, 2006
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?