Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Medical Short menstruation

1. Jul 8, 2011 #1
    I only have my period for 3-5 days every month, and I haven't been on any hormonal birth control for almost 3 years. I had been on the pill for a few months (in the past), and the Nuva Ring for about a year (the last BC I used). I have also spent nearly a year using the pull-out method. (I know it's totally ridiculous, not looking for judgement.) I have never used a pregnancy test, never had a reason to. I am 25 now, does the length of my period affect my fertility at all??

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 8, 2011 #2

Ryan_m_b

Staff: Mentor

You should go and see your doctor, we do not provide medical diagnosis here

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=173247

And by the way it's good that you realise that withdrawal is not a valid contraception. However small the risk there is still a chance you could get pregnant from it, it is best to be responsible.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
  4. Jul 8, 2011 #3
    3 -- 5 days is not a "short" period. It's actually bang-on average.

I know that Wiki isn't the most reliable information site for the requirements of this site, but it's as reliable as any info link found on a quick Google search. 3 --5 day is average -- 2 -- 7 days is still well within "normal" ranges.

I'm not sure what you concern is. And ditto what ryan said.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook