1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Courses Short Online Course

1. May 2, 2008 #1

Well the summer is coming up, and as usual I do not have alot planned really, other than a few days in Switzerland, and my sporting commitments. I am located in the UK, and I am looking for a short course that can be done online in Physics (I would have completed my AS levels). I do not know if one actually exists, but it would need to be like a 2 month course. I've looked around, but with no success, there may be a possibility that some of you may have done one. It would be a nice thing to put on my University Application! If there is such a thing, I wonder if I could focus on certain parts of Physics.

Cheers _Mayday_
  2. jcsd
  3. May 26, 2008 #2
    I will teach on online physics course from the USA this summer which is roughly the equivalent of A level or slightly higher.

Since you are in the UK system, it might be a hassle transferring credit, though. You should also check the Open University to see what they offer.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2008
  4. May 26, 2008 #3

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

I don't think such a thing exists, Mayday. Perhaps instead you could self study something from a textbook over the summer. This would look good on your university application form (you could give a brief summary of what you've self studied on your personal statement, etc..)
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?