Explore the Hidden Meadow in Spring: A Poem of Life and Hope

• Thread starter Huckleberry
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Short
In summary, the conversation describes a hidden meadow in spring, where the sun sends gentle winds to dance with the young grasses and flowers of various colors bloom, creating a colorful and fragrant tapestry of life. The land rises and falls, resembling an ocean, and the meadow serves as a retreat from the shadows where hope sleeps. The sun, with her radiant smile, brings an eternal spring to this hidden meadow. The writer is unsure of how to categorize this piece and suggests sending it to a poetry competition. They also share a short poem about the changing of seasons and the effects of global warming.
Huckleberry
Amidst the trees and their canopy, a green hued kaleidoscope, lies a hidden meadow in spring, a retreat from the shadows, where the sky meets the earth. The sun sojourns there, sending gentle winds to dance with the young grasses. They sway to and fro, an auditorium of slender green children, cheering in unison the wonder of her season.

Flowers, yellow and lavender and red, sprout from the fertile soil forming a colorful mosaic, a tapestry of life, their scented petals gracing the meadow with a fresh fragrance , a precious perfume, a scent that could conjure bereaved breath from senseless form and bear it away on butterfly wings. Even the flowers bow to the glorious sun with her radiant smile. She knows their names and counts their petals carefully, bathing them in her easy light.

The land rises and falls, Earth like an ocean broken from the barren plain of time, soothing swells stood still. Hope sleeps, its face towards the azure skies, and sails away upon the crest of the hidden meadow, pursuing the sun beyond the horizon, beyond when the world is dark and frozen and trees claw at the grey skies like creatures in nightmares. It awakens, jetsam in a pacific archipelago, where birds always sing their morning melodies in tribute to an ever-rising sun and flowers grow five feet tall. The sun lives there and she smiles an eternal spring on hidden meadows.

I'm wondering what to do with this. It isn't written intentionally in any kind of metric rhythm, but it isn't exactly meant to be prose either. I'm not sure how to categorize it. Any ideas? Comments? Have some short writing of your own to share?

Physics news on Phys.org
If you want to do something with your poem you can send it at www.poetry.com for a monthly $1000 competition. I've written some really pointless stuff in the past, here is some.

"The sky is pumpkin blue,
With intricate fluffy meshes and blankets of white hue.
It just rained and we are left with cool dew.

A rainbow one would expect but there was none
As brilliant and arching across the good sky rerun
Over and over again until all heavens were undone"

Global Warming

"It is getting dark and gloomy
All the flowers have been blooming
A petal there, another leaf just fell

Fluffs of snow are breakng sweat,
When all the bears prepare to hibernate.
Days are getting even longer and it rains more stronger.

Everything is dying except the birds are flying.
It is lonely and cold
An old growth grew a new mold.

Blue berries are sprouting
Straws are carried by the wind
Among ever visible twigs flying blindly.

All the trees turned amber and ruby.
And some harbor newbie seeds
That will become a string of beeds."

I appreciate the vivid imagery and use of nature in this poem. It beautifully captures the essence of spring and the hope and life it brings. The description of the hidden meadow as a retreat from the shadows and a place where the sky meets the earth is particularly intriguing. It almost feels like a magical place where anything is possible.

In terms of categorization, I would say this poem falls under the genre of nature poetry. It celebrates and reflects on the beauty and wonder of the natural world. However, the use of personification with the sun and hope adds a touch of fantasy or magical realism to the poem.

Overall, I enjoyed reading this poem and it left me with a sense of peace and hope. Thank you for sharing it. I am always fascinated by the intersection of science and art and how they can both inspire and complement each other.

1. What inspired you to write "Explore the Hidden Meadow in Spring: A Poem of Life and Hope"?

As a scientist, I have always been fascinated by the intricate and delicate balance of life in nature. The hidden meadow in spring represents a time of new beginnings, growth, and hope, which I wanted to capture in this poem.

2. What messages or themes do you hope readers will take away from your poem?

I hope that readers will be reminded of the beauty and resilience of nature, and the importance of cherishing and protecting it. The poem also explores the cycle of life and the endless possibilities for growth and renewal.

3. Can you explain the scientific references and imagery used in the poem?

The poem incorporates elements of ecology and biology, such as the symbiotic relationships between plants and animals, the changing of seasons, and the interconnectedness of all living things. These references add depth and meaning to the overall message of the poem.

4. How does your background in science influence your writing process?

As a scientist, I have a deep appreciation for the natural world and a curiosity about how it functions. This curiosity and attention to detail often find their way into my writing, allowing me to explore complex themes and ideas in a unique way.

5. What do you hope readers will feel after reading "Explore the Hidden Meadow in Spring: A Poem of Life and Hope"?

I hope that readers will feel a sense of wonder, peace, and inspiration after reading the poem. I also hope that it will encourage them to see the beauty and potential for growth in their own lives, just as spring brings new life to the hidden meadow.

Back