Recommended Review Books for AP Physics C Test Preparation

• Thread starter bomba923
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Book Short
In summary, Jasonjo recommends the Barrons book as a good resource for preparing for the AP Physics C test. The review\study is nice, and the problems are nice and difficult, but its good that way--challenging.
bomba923
*I don't know who's familiar with the AP system, but
does anybody know any good review books for the
AP Physics C test? (NOT the "B" Test)

*I've found books that prepare for BOTH tests, but there
is a large difference between AP Physics B & C, and I'm hoping
for a book that discusses just the C. (I already know the "B",
I just need the "C"), because Physics w/Calculus is much different
from non-calculus physics---and I'm for a book dedicated solely to
the "C" (the test w/calculus), without spending too much time on "B."

*Any good book you guys know of?

Physics news on Phys.org
well it depends on what type of prep you need. do you want a comprehensive book that covers the material in a friendly manner with some practice problems? then go with Princeton Review or Kaplan. but if you want very little review, or subpar review, with tons of difficult questions, Barrons.

Thanks-->I tried the Barrons. Now that I'm three chapters into it, it's really quite interesting (does any else think Physics C is more interesting that Physics B?? I do/)
(Note: I shall make extensive use of smileys!)

The review was nice: even if I didn't "know" or learn/practice the concepts sometime before-->I just read it, take a minute or two to reflect/ponder-->and then move on with intuitive and mathematical understanding to the next lesson.
What I like about it is that (even though I've never taken Physics C or AP Physics before--only CalcII and self-taught Physics B), the text moves on at a nice pace: not slow, and not so fast that I can't reflect for a minute/two to make mathematical+intuitive sense of it.
Basically, for me, it resembles a "textbook" in that it covers a great quantity of topics, but without a lot of trivial reading/examples (hey--some of it is not "completely" review for me :smile:). Yes, some examples are indeed easy, but the bulk problems assigned in the book that are quite useful in understanding the concepts, applications, and in making the mathematical and intuitive sense out of each-->considering that a large part of the material is, I admit, "new" for me in the sense that, "I never thought of it this way..." (hey, I never took Physics C in the first place; I was just looking for a self-education and/or review for the AP Physics C test, since before I got the book, I only had CalcII knowledge from school, and that self-taught-->(during elementary-middle school "free time":biggrin:)-->Physics B).
JasonJo said:
book that covers the material in a friendly manner with some practice problems?
:smile:After reading the first three chapters of Barrons--well, I admit I can't say much, but I agree some may not find it "friendly." Indeed, I wouldn't call it "HS-friendly,":smile:(compared to HS-level Physics textbooks) but I understand it so far, and so it must be "college-friendly", since I'm just a HS junior. But personally, I wouldn't like a "friendly" book; I would rather have a challenging book, one that moves quickly or at least does not have a bunch of trivial reading-->I guess I might add "one that's not compromised/slowed down for HS reading" (or for those without math-physical intuition). (That*s why when I took 1st semester Organic Chemistry, I read "Volthardt", not "LG Wade Jr"--well, actually because the teacher told me it's shorter, though the "reading" might be longer? (?'?huh?))
Anyway, I like Barrons because I'm not encouraged to "skip" paragraphs when reading; when I read it, I feel that the information is useful->not trivial (or not that obvious i guess).

Jasonjo--thanks for recommending it! The review\study is nice, and the problems are nice and difficult, but its good that way:smile:)) :smile: .'

Last edited:

1. What is a short quick book?

A short quick book is a book that is relatively brief in length and can be read quickly. It typically contains concise information or a condensed version of a larger work.

2. How long does it take to read a short quick book?

The time it takes to read a short quick book can vary depending on the individual's reading speed and the length of the book. However, most short quick books can be read in a few hours or less.

3. What are the benefits of reading short quick books?

Reading short quick books can provide a quick and easy way to gain knowledge on a particular topic, without having to commit to a longer and more in-depth book. It can also be a great way to introduce oneself to a new subject or to refresh knowledge on a familiar topic.

4. Are short quick books considered credible sources of information?

This can vary depending on the specific book and its author. It is important to research the author's credentials and the book's sources before considering it a credible source of information. However, many short quick books are written by experts in their field and can provide reliable information.

5. Can short quick books be used for academic purposes?

Short quick books can be a helpful supplement to academic materials, but they should not be relied upon as the primary source of information for academic purposes. It is important to consult with your instructor or a librarian to determine the appropriate sources for your academic work.