Should I Change My Degree to Computer Science?

• Programs
  • Thread starter KamenRiderTorbjorn
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Change Degree
In summary, when deciding whether to change your degree, it's important to consider factors such as your career goals, academic strengths and weaknesses, and personal interests. Signs that your current degree may not be the right fit include struggling in classes, lack of interest or motivation, and a change in career path. While changing your degree may set you back in terms of credits or graduation timeline, it's important to prioritize your long-term fulfillment and many universities offer credit transfer options. To change your degree, consult with your academic advisor and the appropriate department for guidance and resources.
KamenRiderTorbjorn
The current degree I'm enrolled in at my junior college is associate in arts. Since I want to go into Computer Science once I transfer should I change my degree to associate in science instead?

P.S. I used the degree progress tracker on my student account and from what it tells me I only need 27 credits to get a associate in science degree.

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't think it'll matter at all. In fact, it might even make it seem like you needed an Associate in science degree to get into CS. So my inclination is to leave it be.

1. Should I change my degree?

This is a question that only you can answer, as it ultimately depends on your personal goals and interests. However, there are a few factors to consider when making this decision.

2. What factors should I consider when deciding whether to change my degree?

Some important factors to consider include your career goals, your academic strengths and weaknesses, and the availability of job opportunities in your chosen field. It can also be helpful to think about your personal interests and passions and how they align with your current degree program.

3. How do I know if my current degree is not the right fit for me?

If you are consistently struggling in your classes, feeling uninterested or unmotivated, or finding that your chosen career path no longer excites you, these may be signs that your current degree is not the right fit for you. It's important to listen to your instincts and evaluate your academic and career goals regularly to determine if a change is necessary.

4. Will changing my degree set me back in my academic journey?

It is possible that changing your degree may set you back in terms of course credits or graduation timeline. However, it's important to remember that it's better to make a change now rather than continue down a path that is not fulfilling or aligned with your goals. Additionally, many universities offer credit transfer options that can help minimize the impact of changing degrees.

5. How do I go about changing my degree?

The process of changing your degree will depend on your university's policies and procedures. It's important to speak with your academic advisor and the appropriate department to understand the steps you need to take. They can also provide guidance and resources to help you make an informed decision about changing your degree.