1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Should I do undergrad again?

1. Oct 25, 2012 #1
    I'm a 4th year student in a university in Canada, studying pure math. My GPA so far is barely about 3.0/4.0. I was young and totally screwed my undergraduate years. I have planned to go to grad school right after I graduate, but these days I feel so regretful about my GPA that even makes me want to repeat it again in some other university(maybe in some other program too.)

With my GPA, I will end up with getting into very minor graduate school. But if I spend 4 more years for another undergraduate program, high GPA is almost guaranteed(which also suggests that I could get into top grad schools.)

As my ultimate academic goal is being a professional mathematician, receiving education from well-known institution seems very important to me. But I still wonder if it is worth another 4 years of my life and the money it costs.

I appreciate any advice. Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 25, 2012 #2
    Don't repeat unless you are planning a different major. Stand by your GPA and boost your application in other areas.

BiP

4. Oct 25, 2012 #3
    I doubt it suggests you'd get into a top grad school. Graduate committees are not robots. Of course you'll get a high GPA if you are taking every class a 2nd time.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook