1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Should I get a physics minor?

1. May 22, 2014 #1
    I am a computer science major and took Physics 1 & 2 and now that I am done with those I am actually kind of missing physics. Physics is really interesting to me, which I know is reason enough, but I was just wondering what kind of benefits I could possibly get out of pursuing a physics minor. Thanks for your feedback ahead of time.

2. jcsd
  3. May 22, 2014 #2
    In terms of CS employment, I think there are no benefits of having a physics minor. I.e. employers will not prefer you over someone with a straight CS major.

If you are interested in physics, then there is nothing wrong with doing a minor in physics.

Do you do discrete maths, probability, graph theory and linear algebra as part of your CS degree? If not, then I would say a maths minor in these subjects complements CS better than physics.

4. May 22, 2014 #3
    Yea I have to take all those. I'm already doing a math minor because I only have to take two extra courses along with all the courses I'm already going to take.

Last edited: May 22, 2014
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook