Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Should i grab the opportunity?

1. Sep 2, 2010 #1
    Hello PF. I'm a sophomore at a community college majoring in EECS. I recently got the opportunity to work for a attorney at the Attorney General's office in my downtown area (Detroit). I'm pretty sure this is a government position but I might be wrong. The work is part-time and can be full time during summer. Currently I'm a lifeguard and I'm tired of it.

Is this a good opportunity? Or should i stick to my original plan of tutoring at my CC?

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 2, 2010 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Based on the information provided no one here can truthully say if it is a good job or a good idea. You neither described the job nor explained what aspects of it that you can see relating to your future studies or career.

4. Sep 2, 2010 #3
    The job is pretty mindless as of what i suspect. It involves making copies and other secreterial stuff for the attorney. I will basically be assisting the secretaries. Hes a very laid back guy.

Well it would look very amazing on my resume, since this is the general attorney's office.
    I would have like 330 net per month to spend (taxes and gas substracted).

It sounds like a good gig.

Edit: 330 to spend with gas, phone, and insurance included

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook