1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Should i grab the opportunity?

1. Sep 2, 2010 #1
    Hello PF. I'm a sophomore at a community college majoring in EECS. I recently got the opportunity to work for a attorney at the Attorney General's office in my downtown area (Detroit). I'm pretty sure this is a government position but I might be wrong. The work is part-time and can be full time during summer. Currently I'm a lifeguard and I'm tired of it.

Is this a good opportunity? Or should i stick to my original plan of tutoring at my CC?

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 2, 2010 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Based on the information provided no one here can truthully say if it is a good job or a good idea. You neither described the job nor explained what aspects of it that you can see relating to your future studies or career.

4. Sep 2, 2010 #3
    The job is pretty mindless as of what i suspect. It involves making copies and other secreterial stuff for the attorney. I will basically be assisting the secretaries. Hes a very laid back guy.

Well it would look very amazing on my resume, since this is the general attorney's office.
    I would have like 330 net per month to spend (taxes and gas substracted).

It sounds like a good gig.

Edit: 330 to spend with gas, phone, and insurance included

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook